Plenty of Reasons to Staycation in Kingsville
Tourism Windsor Essex Pelee Island | June 5, 2017
Traveling is an exciting journey of discovery. There’s always something new and fresh around every corner. To celebrate Tourism Month in June, we’ve launched this series of blog posts themed around the ten Windsor Essex Staycations we are giving away. We’re thrilled to share with you why you should choose to Staycation this summer and uncover the #plentyofreasons why your backyard is an amazing place to play. Take a few minutes to browse through the entire series for fun ideas and new adventures throughout Windsor Essex Pelee Island.
Enter for your chance to experience Kingsville, Canada’s Southernmost Town and appreciate their true Southern hospitality. From wineries like Pelee Island Winery and dining experiences like The Main, Mettawas Station and Jacks Gastropub to boutique coffee & bistro stops like Merlis’ Coffeehouse and Eatery and The Beach House Grill and quick dining like Jims Sub Shop, you’ll truly feel like family when you tour the town!
Take time in between eating and enjoy the views of the lake, or the views from the golf course at Kingsville Golf & Country Club! Family fun is there too – from lakeside parks to Jack Miner’s Bird Sanctuary to one of the most visited animal farms in Southern Ontario at Colosanti’s Tropical Gardens!
A Motor Tour from Explore Pelee is an ideal way to explore the delights of Kingsville and its surrounding communities followed by an evening exploring your inner artist with an art class with For Art’s Sake.
For unique shopping, you’ll have to look no further as Kingsville is dotted with specialty shopping options including My Cousin’s Closet, Pinstripes, The Sanctuary Gifts & Books, The Painted Moon, Anna’s Flowers, and Cindy’s. You can even stumble across unexpected delights like lovingly handcrafted chocolate birds (along with other unique designs) from Old Dutch Guys Chocolate. These works of art are almost too beautiful to eat!
Kingsville has it all and will keep you going all day long – right until you rest your head with a stunning themed room at The Grove Hotel, located in the heart of Kingsville’s Victorian-esque streets.
The Kingsville Staycation grand prize includes (approximate retail value $1,500.00):
- Two nights stay at The Grove Hotel
- $50 gift certificate at The Main
- Breakfast for two at Jims Sub Shop
- $50 gift certificate for Pinstripes
- $80 gift basket from The Sanctuary Gifts & Books
- Lunch for two including coffee/tea and dessert at Merlis’ Coffeehouse and Eatery
- Tour, tasting and wine for two at Pelee Island Winery
- $50 gift certificate for Anna’s Flowers
- $50 gift certificate for Mettawas Station
- Motor Tour for two from Explore Pelee
- Class for 2 from For Art’s Sake
- A book & t-shirt from Jack Miner Bird Sanctuary
- Golf for 2 with cart at Kingsville Golf & Country Club
- Family Deal – 4 fun passes and 40 tokens for Colasanti’s
- $40 gift certificate for Cindy’s
- Gift certificate for Old Dutch Guys Chocolate
- Breakfast for two at The Beach House Grill
- $50 gift certificate for My Cousin’s Closet
- $25 gift certificate for The Painted Moon
- Dinner for two at Jacks Gastropub
Click here for more information about the Town of Kingsville.
Do you want to WIN this Staycation?
All month long from June 5 through June 29, 2017, you can enter DAILY to win 1-of-10 Staycation grand prizes valued at over $5,000 in prizes from our stakeholder partners.
Visit our contest page for your chance to win or Like us on Facebook or Follow us on Twitter for reminders about this and our other frequent contests. You’ll also stay in-the-know on the latest news, events, and fun things to see & do.
Make sure you check out the rest of our Staycation series for more Staycation prizes and #plentyofreasons to enjoy:
- CAESARS WINDSOR
- PELEE ISLAND