Welcome to Windsor, Essex County and Pelee Island, a cosmopolitan area of almost 400,000 people strategically located in the southernmost part of Canada. A rich peninsula, bordered on all three sides by Lake Erie, Lake St. Clair and the Detroit River, we are in the heart of North America’s business and industrial markets. Our unique location, with extensive road, air and water networks, provides excellent accessibility to 60% of the entire population of the United States and Canada. We boast a wide array of excellent meeting and hotel facilities, complemented by our fabulous parks and gardens, off-site venues, and abundance of excellent entertainment, dining and shopping establishments. For more info please contact Daena Shaw
Tourism Windsor Essex Pelee Island (TWEPI) offers the following visitor services:
- Facility Arrangements - TWEPI can assist in the determination and booking of appropriate facilities to accommodate specific requirements.
- Bid Preparation - TWEPI can assist with not only the bid preparation but also with presentations to attract your meetings and conventions.
- Site Inspections & Venue Reviews - TWEPI can arrange full site inspections of local hotels, facilities and attractions for your meeting planners and other key team members.
- Spousal / Guest Entertainment Programs - TWEPI offers assistance to meetings anTd conventions groups requesting spousal/guest and entertainment programs. We will discuss theme ideas and help plan a variety of activities or excursions in the city, county and much more.
- Tour Itinerary Planning - Our Meetings and Conventions department will be happy to assist you with tour itinerary planning based on time constraints and the interest of your group.
- Information Packages - TWEPI provides detailed information packages on the amenities and attractions available to your group.
- Media Support - Windsor Essex is home to a complete range of media outlets and services. Our Meetings and Conventions department can provide dedicated planning for media support and services.
- Letter of Welcome - If you wish, a âletter of welcomeâ from our Mayor can be included in your meetings and conventions program or information package.
- Promotional Items - Promotional items are available for sale to meetings and conventions groups, please ask further details.
- 2016, 2010 – Association of Municipalities of Ontario (AMO) Conference
- 2014 – African American Travel Conference (AATC)
- 2013 – Bring Food Home/Sustain Ontario Conference
- 2013 – First Special Service Force Reunion
- 2013 – International Children’s Games (ICG)
- 2013 – Online Revealed Conference
- 2013 – Federation of Canadian Municipalities (FCM) Sustainable Communities Conference
- 2012 – Canadian Science Writers’ Association Conference
- 2012 – Ontario English Catholic Teachers Association, 1200 delegates
- 2012 – Skate Canada Synchronized Skating Championships
- 2011 – Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police
- 2011 – Ontario Motor Coach Association, 700 delegates (November)
- 2009/2010 – Red Bull Air Race World Championship, 900,000 spectators