Peche Island, a 100-acre island was purchased by Hiram Walker in 1883. Walker used the island for a summer place, and his buildings included a stable, large home, greenhouse, and icehouse. The property was sold in 1907. The City of Windsor acquired the land from the Province of Ontario in 1999. It is now a naturalized park with walking trails and can be accessed by boat. Highlights: Naturalized Island Park with Walking Trails and Docking Facilities. Amenities: Picnic Tables and Washroom.