As a leader in the tourism and hospitality community, Tourism Windsor Essex Pelee Island recognizes our role and responsibility in ensuring the health and safety of our partners as well as visitors to Windsor, Essex County and Pelee Island. At this time, we are following recommendations from our municipal, provincial and federal governments to implement safety precautions and reviewing how we proceed. We are working proactively to support our region during this time, and will continue to share information as it is received from our partners.
COVID-19 Health and Safety Updates & VISITOR INFORMATION
The Tourism Windsor Essex Pelee Island Offices are currently closed to the public. You can find information on the region by searching out website, or by calling 519-255-6530 during regular business hours M-F 8:30am through 4:30pm. You can also contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any inquiries or use out ChatBot (on the right hand side of the screen) for more information.
- The Ontario Tourism Information Centre is currently closed
- The Caesars Windsor kiosk is currently closed
PROVINCIAL FRAMEWORK TO REOPENING – STAGE ONE
As of Friday June 11th the Province of Ontario is in Stage One of the Roadmap to Reopen. Step One of the Roadmap to Reopen includes but is not limited to:
- Outdoor social gatherings and organized public events with up to 10 people;
SHOPPING – SHOPYQG
- Non-essential retail permitted at 15 per cent capacity, with no restrictions on the goods that can be sold;
- Essential and other select retail permitted at 25 per cent capacity, with no restrictions on the goods that can be sold;
- Outdoor malls may be open or stores in malls with exterior entrances – indoor malls must remain closed except for essential services;
Restaurants, bars and other food and drink establishments – DINEYQG
- Outdoor dining with up to four people per table, with exceptions for larger households;
OUTDOOR Sports and recreational fitness facilities
- Outdoor fitness classes, outdoor groups in personal training and outdoor individual/team sport training to be permitted with up to 10 people, among other restrictions;
- Day camps for children permitted to operate in a manner consistent with the safety guidelines for COVID-19 produced by the Office of the Chief Medical Officer of Health;
- Overnight camping at campgrounds and campsites, including Ontario Parks, and short-term rentals;
- Concert venues, theaters and cinemas may open outdoors for the purpose of rehearsing or performing a recorded or broadcasted concert, artistic event, theatrical performance or other performance with no more than 10 performers, among other restrictions;
- Outdoor horse racing tracks and motor speedways permitted to operate without spectators; and
- Outdoor attractions such as zoos, landmarks, historic sites, botanical gardens with capacity limits and other restrictions.
- Outdoor tours with restrictions are now permitted.
Please view the regulations for full details. Please plan ahead and contact any businesses or attractions prior to visiting for updated services and hours.
Steps To Prevent Illness
Our local health authority, The Windsor-Essex County Health Unit is recommending that in order to prevent the spread of Coronavirus individuals should:
- wash hands frequently and avoid facial contact;
- avoid contact with sick individuals;
- stay home from work when ill;
- ensure to properly clean high-touch surfaces, especially in your public spaces like washrooms, restaurants, elevators and work spaces;
- where possible, consider making alcohol-based hand sanitizer available for your guests and employees.
As the situation continues to evolve quickly, we encourage you to reference the Windsor Essex County Health Unit website for the latest regional updates.
Businesses are also required to provide alcohol based hand rub at entrance and exit points. For full details on the rules please click here.
The World Travel & Tourism Council has created ‘Safe Travels’. Safe Travels is a certification program that will allow travellers to recognize businesses and groups around the world which have adopted health and hygiene global standardized protocols – so consumers can experience Safe Travels.
Eligible businesses can display the badge to showcase their status – and Tourism Windsor Essex is proud to announce that we were the first Destination Marketing Organization in Ontario to receive the certification.
Part of our protocols include businesses and attractions providing a standardized version of protocols to ensure that people are and feel safe. For more details on the program click here.
Interested business adhering to the policies locally can apply for the certification for free by clicking here.
A Hidden Gem Bed and Breakfast
Ambassador Duty Free Windsor
Ambassador Golf Club
Amherstburg Freedom Museum
Anchor Coffee House
Anna’s Garden, Home & Wellness
Antonino’s Original Pizza – LaSalle
Antonino’s Original Pizza – Tecumseh
Antonino’s Original Pizza – South Windsor
Art Gallery of Windsor
Banded Goose Brewing Co.
Beach House Grill
Belle River On The Lake BIA
Best Western Leamington Hotel & Conference Centre
Best Western Plus Windsor Waterfront
Blimey’s British Store & Gift Shop
Bradt’s Butcher Block
Bridgewood Farms Cottage
Butcher of Kingsville
Canadian Transportation Museum and Heritage Village
Canadian Historical Aircraft Association
Chapter Two Brewing Co.
Cindy’s Home Garden & Gifts
Colchester Ridge Estate Winery
Colio Estate Winery
Comfort Inn South Windsor
Comfortech Bike Rentals
Cooper’s Hawk Vineyards
Craft Heads Brewing Co.
Cured Craft Brewing Co.
Days Inn Leamington
Distinctive Inns of Kingsville
Doctor’s House at Harrow
Downtown Espresso Café
Downtown Windsor Farmers’ Market
Duck Pond Bed & Breakfast Cottage
Erie Street BIA
Essex County Steam & Gas Engine Museum
Four Points by Sheraton Downtown Windsor
FRANK Brewing Co.
Freddy’s Restaurant & Lounge
GL Heritage Brewing Co.
Grape Vine Tours
Happier Camper Canada
Holiday Inn & Suites Ambassador Bridge – Windsor
Holiday Inn Express Windsor East – Lakeshore
Holiday Inn Express Windsor Waterfront
J.P. Wiser’s Experience Centre
Kingsville Brewing Co.
Kingsville Business Improvement Association
Lakeside Bakery Deli Café
Leamington Arts Centre
Leamington District Chamber of Commerce
Lee & Maria’s Market
Lot 10 Brewing Co.
Macro Foods Inc.
Mastronardi Estates Winery
Mettawas Station Mediterranean Restaurant
Muscedere Vineyards Estates Winery
Navy Yard Flats
nooch. a vegan eatery
North 42 Degrees Estate Winery
Oven 360 – South Windsor
Oven 360 – LaSalle
Oven 360 – Leamington
Oven 360 – Tecumseh
Oven 360- Walker Road
Oxley Beach House
Paglione Estate Winery
Pelee Island Winery
Pelee Island Adventures
Quality Inn & Suites Windsor
Quality Inn Leamington
Red Lantern Coffee Co.
River’s Edge Tap & Table
Rock Bottom Bar + Grill
Rochester Place Golf & Resort
Sandwich Brewing Co.
Serenity Lavender Farm
Silver Tee Golf & Virtual Gaming Centre
Sketch Art Workshop
Sprucewood Shores Estate Winery
Sweet Retreat Ice Cream and More
Terra Green Gardens
The Bank Theatre
The Fruit Wagon
The Grove Hotel
The Grove Brewing Co.
The Lumberjack Restaurant
The Main Grill & Ale House
The Mush Hub
The Village Shoppe
The Vines Restaurant
The Walnut Grove Bed and Breakfast
The Wandering Dog Inn on Pelee Island
Three Lambs Registry & Baby Boutique
Tourism Windsor Essex Pelee Island
Town of Amherstburg, Culture and Tourism
TownePlace Suites by Marriott Windsor
Urban Surf Co.
Ure’s Country Kitchen/ Mini Golf
Vivace Estate Winery
Vintage Grapes Houseboat & Lodging
For information on international border crossing and how COVID-19 is impacting travel please click crossingmadeeasy.com. Effective 12:01 am March 21, 2020, entry in to Canada is prohibited to non-essential travel, and only to residents of Canada and the United States and/or immediate family planning to visit. Entry will not be permitted to all other foreign nationals.
Click “What’s Open” for a list of major attractions & Windsor & Essex County that have opened their doors to visitors. In addition, click on the icon below to find out more details on some of our major attractions and their reopening details.
- Windsor Crossing Premium Outlets is open. Click here for more details. Current mall hours are:
- Monday to Friday 10am to 7pm
- Saturday 10am to 6pm
- Sunday 12pm to 5pm
- Devonshire Mall is open for curbside pick up only, or for essential service locations. Click here for more details. Current mall hours are:
- Monday to Saturday 11am – 6pm
- Sunday 11am to 5pm
- Tecumseh Mall is open for curbside pick up only, or for essential service locations. Click here for more details. Current mall hours are:
- Monday to Friday 11am to 7pm
- Saturday 11am to 6pm
- Sunday 12pm to 5pm
- VIA Rail is operating at reduced capacity. Click here for details.
- Windsor International Airport is operating at a reduced capacity, with Air Canada offering two flights daily from Windsor to Toronto. Porter Airlines is currently temporarily closed. Please contact the airport or airlines directly for additional questions.
- Owen Sound Transportation operating ferry service to Pelee Island is operating at reduced capacity. Learn more: ontarioferries.com and 511on.ca.
- Caesars Windsor is temporarily closed. Please click here for more details.
- Adventure Bay Family Water Park is temporarily closed, including the Windsor International Aquatic and Training Centre.
Several accommodation providers within our city are closed. Please ensure you check the status of operations with businesses directly. Social gatherings are limited to 50 people. Non-essential in-person gatherings of any size continue to be strongly discouraged.
For an update list of RESOURCES, WEBINARS and HEALTH RECOMMENDATIONS for local businesses please check out our COVID-19 RESOURCE HUB.