Barrels Bottles & Brews are booming in Windsor Essex! As the birthplace of whisky in Canada, the tradition continues today with a new generation of craft brewers and distillers.
Visit the stops along the Barrels Bottles & Brews Trail where you can experience the history of Canadian Whisky, prohibition, and enjoy a flight of craft beer or small batch-ultra premium spirits.
Explore the 11 breweries on the trail, Canada’s southernmost distillery and North America’s largest distillery – use the passport as a great way to explore the region.
Visiting Windsor Essex means you can explore the Hiram Walker distillery – home of the J.P. Wiser’s Distillery Experience. As North America’s largest distillery, the tours will take you five stories high to see whisky through the entire process – all the way down to a VIP tasting of all their spirits.
Continue the tour with Wolfhead Distillery and a tasting of their six craft spirits – three award-winning vodkas and three award winning whiskys. While you’re there you’ll learn why they were voted Best Craft Cocktail in the 3rd Annual Best of Windsor Essex Awards.
If craft beer is more your thing, we have plenty to offer, with signature and unique brews at each location. Grab your passport and sample a flight at each location to try some of our favourite brews, including:
- Frank Brewing Co. and their their Honey Habenaro
- Walkerville Brewery and their Honest Lager
- J.P. Wiser’s Distillery Experience and the home of Wiser’s whisky
- BREW Microbrewery and their Canadian Maple Ale
- Craft Heads Brewing Co. and their Bluesberry Blonde or Feather Heat GuyPA
- Wolfhead Distillery and their Coffee Whisky
- GL Heritage Brewing and their Back Shop Brew Blonde Ale
- The Grove Brewhouse and their Paradise Lager
- Chapter Two Brewing Company and their Zug island Porter
- Kingsville Brewing Co. and their Kingsville Pale Ale
Sample the product at each location to obtain a stamp and complete your Barrels Bottles & Brews Passport. Once complete you can receive an exclusive gift.
Purchase a Barrels Bottles & Brews Flight Log and once you receive 12 stamps, receive a BBB Custom bar mat. A $140 value for only $25!