At this time, we are following recommendations from our municipal, provincial and federal governments to implement safety precautions across the region.
PROVINCIAL ROADMAP TO REOPEN – STEP THREE
As of Friday July 16th the Province of Ontario is in Step Three of the Roadmap to Reopen. Step Three of the Roadmap to Reopen includes but is not limited to:
- Face masks are advised but not required for outdoor events
- Physical distancing of 2 metres is still required
- Masks are still required for indoor activities
- Capacity limits must be posted
Please plan ahead and contact any businesses or attractions prior to visiting for updated services and hours.
ONTARIO PROOF OF VACCINATION
As of Wednesday September 22nd proof of vaccination will be required at all higher-risk indoor public settings.
- Indoor areas of restaurants, bars, and other food and drink establishments without dance facilities
- Indoor and outdoor areas of food or drink establishments with dance facilities, including nightclubs and restaurants, clubs and other similar establishments
- Indoor areas of meeting and event spaces
- indoor areas of facilities used for sports and recreational fitness activities, including waterparks, and personal physical fitness training with limited exemptions
- Includes gyms, fitness/sporting/recreational facilities, pools, leagues, sporting events, waterparks, and indoor areas of facilities where spectators watch events
- Indoor areas of casinos, bingo halls, and other gaming establishments
- Indoor areas of concert venues, theatres, and cinemas
- Indoor areas of strip clubs
- Indoor areas of horse racing tracks, car racing tracks and other similar venues
- Indoor areas where commercial film and TV productions take place with studio audiences
For further details please visit the Province of Ontario COVID-19 hub.
Proof of vaccination includes a print out of your full vaccination status. All versions of the receipt are acceptable as proof of vaccination. However, a patron seeking access to a business or organization specified in the regulation must provide the receipt that shows that they are fully vaccinated. A new digital vaccination passport will be available starting October 22nd, 2022. More details will be released at a later point on the digital passport.
To download a proof of your vaccination or for additional details please click covid19.ontariohealth.ca.
As of 12:01am on August 9th, 2021 travel for U.S. residents to Canada is permitted, with some restrictions, including:
- Proof of your full COVID-19 vaccination
- Proof of PCR test taken within the last 72 hours
- Access to the ArriveCan app
Children under 12 are also permitted to visit with additional restrictions. Please visit www.crossingmadeeasy.com for full details.
Steps To Prevent Illness
Our local health authority, The Windsor-Essex County Health Unit is recommending that in order to prevent the spread of Coronavirus individuals should:
- wash hands frequently and avoid facial contact;
- avoid contact with sick individuals;
- stay home from work when ill;
- ensure to properly clean high-touch surfaces, especially in your public spaces like washrooms, restaurants, elevators and work spaces;
- where possible, consider making alcohol-based hand sanitizer available for your guests and employees.
As the situation continues to evolve quickly, we encourage you to reference the Windsor Essex County Health Unit website for the latest regional updates.
Businesses are also required to provide alcohol based hand rub at entrance and exit points. For full details on the rules please click here.
The World Travel & Tourism Council has created ‘Safe Travels’. Safe Travels is a certification program that will allow travellers to recognize businesses and groups around the world which have adopted health and hygiene global standardized protocols – so consumers can experience Safe Travels.
Eligible businesses can display the badge to showcase their status – and Tourism Windsor Essex is proud to announce that we were the first Destination Marketing Organization in Ontario to receive the certification.
Part of our protocols include businesses and attractions providing a standardized version of protocols to ensure that people are and feel safe. For more details on the program click here.
Interested business adhering to the policies locally can apply for the certification for free by clicking here.
A Hidden Gem Bed and Breakfast
Ambassador Duty Free Windsor
Ambassador Golf Club
Amherstburg Freedom Museum
Anchor Coffee House
Anna’s Garden, Home & Wellness
Antonino’s Original Pizza – LaSalle
Antonino’s Original Pizza – Tecumseh
Antonino’s Original Pizza – South Windsor
Art Gallery of Windsor
Atlas Tube Recreation Centre
Banded Goose Brewing Co.
Beach House Grill
Belle River On The Lake BIA
Belle River Marina
Best Western Leamington Hotel & Conference Centre
Best Western Plus Windsor Waterfront
Blimey’s British Store & Gift Shop
Bradt’s Butcher Block
Bridgewood Farms Cottage
Butcher of Kingsville
Canadian Transportation Museum and Heritage Village
Canadian Historical Aircraft Association
Chapter Two Brewing Co.
Cindy’s Home Garden & Gifts
Colchester Ridge Estate Winery
Colio Estate Winery
Comfort Inn South Windsor
Comfortech Bike Rentals
Cooper’s Hawk Vineyards
Craft Heads Brewing Co.
Cured Craft Brewing Co.
Days Inn Leamington
Distinctive Inns of Kingsville
Doctor’s House at Harrow
Downtown Espresso Café
Downtown Windsor Farmers’ Market
Duck Pond Bed & Breakfast Cottage
Erie Street BIA
Essex County Steam & Gas Engine Museum
Four Points by Sheraton Downtown Windsor
FRANK Brewing Co.
Freddy’s Restaurant & Lounge
GL Heritage Brewing Co.
Grape Vine Tours
Happier Camper Canada
Holiday Inn & Suites Ambassador Bridge – Windsor
Holiday Inn Express Windsor East – Lakeshore
Holiday Inn Express Windsor Waterfront
J.P. Wiser’s Experience Centre
Joey’s Restaurant Leamington
Kingsville Brewing Co.
Kingsville Business Improvement Association
Lakeside Bakery Deli Café
LaSalle Civic Centre
Leamington Arts Centre
Leamington District Chamber of Commerce
Lee & Maria’s Market
Lot 10 Brewing Co.
Macro Foods Inc.
Mastronardi Estates Winery
Mettawas Station Mediterranean Restaurant
Municipality of Lakeshore: Town Hall
Muscedere Vineyards Estates Winery
Navy Yard Flats
nooch. a vegan eatery
North 42 Degrees Estate Winery
Oven 360 – South Windsor
Oven 360 – LaSalle
Oven 360 – Leamington
Oven 360 – Tecumseh
Oven 360- Walker Road
Oxley Beach House
Paglione Estate Winery
Pelee Island Winery
Pelee Island Adventures
Quality Inn & Suites Windsor
Quality Inn Leamington
Red Lantern Coffee Co.
River’s Edge Tap & Table
Rock Bottom Bar + Grill
Rochester Place Golf & Resort
Sandwich Brewing Co.
Serenity Lavender Farm
Silver Tee Golf & Virtual Gaming Centre
Sketch Art Workshop
Sprucewood Shores Estate Winery
Sweet Retreat Ice Cream and More
Tagged It Paper Co.
Terra Green Gardens
The Bank Theatre
The Fruit Wagon
The Grove Hotel
The Grove Brewing Co.
The Lumberjack Restaurant
The Main Grill & Ale House
The Mush Hub
The Village Shoppe
The Vines Restaurant
The Walnut Grove Bed and Breakfast
The Wandering Dog Inn on Pelee Island
Three Lambs Registry & Baby Boutique
Tourism Windsor Essex Pelee Island
Town of Amherstburg, Culture and Tourism
TownePlace Suites by Marriott Windsor
Urban Surf Co.
Ure’s Country Kitchen/ Mini Golf
Vivace Estate Winery
Vintage Grapes Houseboat & Lodging
Vollmer Culture & Recreation Complex
Most attractions and businesses are open within the region and operating at reduce to full service levels, pending local recommendations.
MAJOR ATTRACTION STATUS
- Owen Sound Transportation operating ferry service to Pelee Island at reduced capacity. Learn more: ontarioferries.com and 511on.ca.
- Adventure Bay Family Water Park is temporarily closed, including the Windsor International Aquatic and Training Centre.
- Museum Windsor locations are closed, including the Chimczuk Museum and Willistead Manor.
Please ensure you check the status of operations with businesses directly.
For an update list of RESOURCES, WEBINARS and HEALTH RECOMMENDATIONS for local businesses please check out our COVID-19 RESOURCE HUB.