As a leader in the tourism and hospitality community, Tourism Windsor Essex Pelee Island recognizes our role and responsibility in ensuring the health and safety of our partners as well as visitors to Windsor, Essex County and Pelee Island. At this time, we are following recommendations from our municipal, provincial and federal governments to implement safety precautions and reviewing how we proceed. We are working proactively to support our region during this time, and will continue to share information as it is received from our partners.
COVID-19 Health and Safety Updates & VISITOR INFORMATION
The Tourism Windsor Essex Pelee Island Offices are currently closed to the public. You can find information on the region by searching out website, or by calling 519-255-6530 during regular business hours M-F 8:30am through 4:30pm. You can also contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any inquiries or use out ChatBot (on the right hand side of the screen) for more information.
- The Ontario Tourism Information Centre is currently closed
- The Caesars Windsor kiosk is currently closed
- The Amherstburg Cabin is closed for the season
PROVINCIAL FRAMEWORK TO REOPENING – STAY-AT-HOME ORDER
As of 12:01am on Thursday April 8th the province of Ontario instituted a province wide Stay-At-Home order that impacts all businesses, attractions and activities in the region. To learn more click here.
Please click the below for additional details on how this Stay-At-Home impacts businesses. Residents are asked to stay home, only leaving for necessary purchases and services.
- Indoor and outdoor events or social gatherings are not permitted at this time for those other than who you reside with
- Face coverings required indoors at all work and public spaces
- Physical distancing must be maintained
Restaurants, bars and other food and drink establishments
- Indoor and outdoor service is not permitted at this time
- Take out & delivery permitted, including alcohol
Sports and recreational fitness facilities
- Outdoor recreational facilities may be open
- Indoor facilities including gyms and personal trainers must remain closed
Meeting and event spaces
- Not permitted
- Capacity for supermarkets or other primary source businesses is 25%
- All other retail is limited to curbside or delivery service
- Capacity limits must be posted at entrance
- Stores must have passive screenings of patrons upon entry
- Line-ups into retail spaces should be space 2m apart
Casinos, bingo halls and gaming establishments
- Not permitted
Outdoor recreational spaces are closed, though parks, trails and waterfronts spaces are open for personal use.
ALL OTHER ATTRACTIONS
Please click ONTARIO.CA for full regulations on the Stay-From-Home order.
Please plan ahead and contact any businesses or attractions prior to visiting for updated services and hours.
Steps To Prevent Illness
Our local health authority, The Windsor-Essex County Health Unit is recommending that in order to prevent the spread of Coronavirus individuals should:
- wash hands frequently and avoid facial contact;
- avoid contact with sick individuals;
- stay home from work when ill;
- ensure to properly clean high-touch surfaces, especially in your public spaces like washrooms, restaurants, elevators and work spaces;
- where possible, consider making alcohol-based hand sanitizer available for your guests and employees.
As the situation continues to evolve quickly, we encourage you to reference the Windsor Essex County Health Unit website for the latest regional updates.
Businesses are also required to provide alcohol based hand rub at entrance and exit points. For full details on the rules please click here.
The World Travel & Tourism Council has created ‘Safe Travels’. Safe Travels is a certification program that will allow travellers to recognize businesses and groups around the world which have adopted health and hygiene global standardized protocols – so consumers can experience Safe Travels.
Eligible businesses can display the badge to showcase their status – and Tourism Windsor Essex is proud to announce that we were the first Destination Marketing Organization in Ontario to receive the certification.
Part of our protocols include businesses and attractions providing a standardized version of protocols to ensure that people are and feel safe. For more details on the program click here.
Interested business adhering to the policies locally can apply for the certification for free by clicking here.
A Hidden Gem Bed and Breakfast
Ambassador Golf Club
Amherstburg Freedom Museum
Art Gallery of Windsor
Banded Goose Brewing Co.
Beach House Grill
Belle River On The Lake BIA
Best Western Leamington Hotel & Conference Centre
Best Western Plus Windsor Waterfront
Blimey’s British Store & Gift Shop
Bradt’s Butcher Block
Butcher of Kingsville
Canadian Transportation Museum and Heritage Village
Canadian Historical Aircraft Association
Colchester Ridge Estate Winery
Colio Estate Winery
Comfort Inn South Windsor
Cooper’s Hawk Vineyards
Cured Craft Brewing Co.
Days Inn Leamington
Distinctive Inns of Kingsville
Duck Pond Bed & Breakfast Cottage
Erie Street BIA
Four Points by Sheraton Downtown Windsor
FRANK Brewing Co.
Freddy’s Restaurant & Lounge
Holiday Inn & Suites Ambassador Bridge – Windsor
Holiday Inn Express Windsor East – Lakeshore
Holiday Inn Express Windsor Waterfront
J.P. Wiser’s Experience Centre
Kingsville Brewing Co.
Lakeside Bakery Deli Café
Leamington Arts Centre
Leamington District Chamber of Commerce
Lee & Maria’s Market
Lot 10 Brewing Co.
Macro Foods Inc.
Mastronardi Estates Winery
Mettawas Station Mediterranean Restaurant
Muscedere Vineyards Estates Winery
North 42 Degrees Estate Winery
Oxley Estate Winery
Paglione Estate Winery
Pelee Island Winery
Quality Inn & Suites Windsor
Quality Inn Leamington
Rock Bottom Bar + Grill
Sandwich Brewing Co.
Sprucewood Shores Estate Winery
The Grove Hotel
The Grove Brewing Co.
The Lumberjack Restaurant
The Vines Restaurant
The Walnut Grove Bed and Breakfast
The Wandering Dog Inn on Pelee Island
Tourism Windsor Essex Pelee Island
Town of Amherstburg, Culture and Tourism
TownePlace Suites by Marriott Windsor
Ure’s Country Kitchen/ Mini Golf
Vivace Estate Winery
For information on international border crossing and how COVID-19 is impacting travel please click crossingmadeeasy.com. Effective 12:01 am March 21, 2020, entry in to Canada is prohibited to non-essential travel, and only to residents of Canada and the United States and/or immediate family planning to visit. Entry will not be permitted to all other foreign nationals.
As of January 29th, 2021 additional travel restrictions for international travel in to Canada were implemented, which also impacts cross border driver travel.
- Canadian airlines including Air Canada, Westjet, Sunwing and Air Transat are cancelling air service to all Caribbean destinations and Mexico starting this Sunday and lasting through April 30th, 2021
- All international passenger flights must land in Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto or Montreal
- The government will soon introduce mandatory COVID-19 testing at airports for people coming into Canada and travellers will have to wait in hotels for test results for up to 3 days at their own expense
- If negative, travellers will be able to quarantine at home with increased surveillance and enforcement
- If positive, travellers will be required to quarantine in designated government facilities
- The government will soon require non-essential travellers to show a negative test entering at land borders with the U.S. and Trudeau says they’re working on additional testing requirements soon
Check out our helpful guides (below) on locations still open in our region offering service.
For a list of restaurants and other establishments providing food take-out and delivery service please click here, including details on #TakeOutTuesday.
For a list of wineries offering pick-up and delivery service please click here, including details on #WineOrderWednesday.
For a list of breweries & distilleries offering pick-up and delivery service please click here, including details on #FillUpFriday.
Join in the positive vibe in the region – and share your good news pictures and stories about Windsor Essex with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram using #YQGStandsStrong. Click here for details.
Click “What’s Open” for a list of major attractions & Windsor & Essex County that have opened their doors to visitors. In addition, click on the icon below to find out more details on some of our major attractions and their reopening details.
- Devonshire Mall is open for curbside pick up only, or for essential service locations. Click here for more details. Current mall hours are:
- Monday to Saturday 11am – 6pm
- Sunday 11am to 5pm
- Tecumseh Mall is open for curbside pick up only, or for essential service locations. Click here for more details. Current mall hours are:
- Monday to Friday 11am to 7pm
- Saturday 11am to 6pm
- Sunday 12pm to 5pm
- Windsor Crossing Premium Outlets is open for curbside pickup only. Click here for more details. Current mall hours are:
- Monday to Friday 11am to 7pm
- Saturday 10am to 6pm
- Sunday 12pm to 5pm
- Caesars Windsor is closed to the public. Please click here for more details.
- VIA Rail is operating at reduced capacity. Click here for details.
- Windsor International Airport is operating at a reduced capacity, with Air Canada offering two flights daily from Windsor to Toronto. Porter Airlines is currently temporarily closed. Please contact the airport or airlines directly for additional questions.
- Owen Sound Transportation operating ferry service to Pelee Island has closed for the season. Learn more: ontarioferries.com and 511on.ca.
- Adventure Bay Family Water Park is temporarily closed, including the Windsor International Aquatic and Training Centre.
Several accommodation providers within our city are closed. Please ensure you check the status of operations with businesses directly. Social gatherings are limited to 50 people. Non-essential in-person gatherings of any size continue to be strongly discouraged.
For an update list of RESOURCES, WEBINARS and HEALTH RECOMMENDATIONS for local businesses please check out our COVID-19 RESOURCE HUB.