Below are links to information and advice from official authorities regarding the current COVID-19 outbreak. The information around this outbreak is changing rapidly. Below are trusted sources for the most up-to-date information on COVID-19. novel coronavirus.
As of Wednesday, August 12, the Windsor Essex region entered Stage 3 of the Province’s Reopening Ontario framework. Most businesses and public spaces are allowed to reopen, except the following:
- Amusement parks and water parks
- Buffet-style food services
- Dancing at restaurants and bars, other than by performers hired by the establishment following specific requirements
- Overnight stays at camps for children
- Private karaoke rooms
- Prolonged or deliberate contact while playing sports
- Saunas, steam rooms, bath houses and oxygen bars
- Table games at casinos and gaming establishments
Some attractions and businesses remain closed. Please check the status of operations with each business directly.
On March 24th we launched #YQGStandsStrong – a social media campaign designed to share good news stories and images of our region. Join in the conversation with us – click yqgstandsstrong.ca for more details.
Respond, Restart & Recover Plan
On August 13th we released an update version of our Respond, Restart & Recover Plan, our map to responding and recovering from COVID-19 in the Tourism & Hospitality industry; this edition more-so addressing the Restart phase. Please click here to review the updated plan.
Please click here to view our first edition of our Respond, Restart & Recover Plan plan. On Thursday May 21st we held a Tourism Town Hall to release the first edition of the plan. In the event you were unable to attend, you can view the Town Hall by clicking here – the town hall begins at the 8:17 mark.
Our team is continually searching and updating information that is relevant to you and your business. Please click on the pages below for information that can help you now, and into the future.
Steps To Prevent Illness
Our local health authority, The Windsor-Essex County Health Unit is recommending that in order to prevent the spread of Coronavirus individuals should:
- wash hands frequently and avoid facial contact;
- avoid contact with sick individuals;
- stay home from work when ill;
- ensure to properly clean high-touch surfaces, especially in your public spaces like washrooms, restaurants, elevators and work spaces;
- where possible, consider making alcohol-based hand sanitizer available for your guests and employees.
As the situation continues to evolve quickly, we encourage you to reference the Windsor Essex County Health Unit website for the latest regional updates.
Please contact the Tourism Windsor Essex team with questions or concerns. Our team values the health and safety of everyone in our region – our staff, visitors, and our industry partners.
Tourism Windsor Essex Pelee Island is the official Destination Marketing Organization (DMO) for the regional tourism industry. We are a not-for-profit organization that is dedicated to promoting and selling Windsor, Essex and Pelee Island as a remarkable destination for tourist, convention goers and business travelers. To view our mission and mandate please click here.