PROVINCIAL FRAMEWORK TO REOPENING – STAGE ONE
As of Friday June 11th the Province of Ontario is in Stage One of the Roadmap to Reopen. Step One of the Roadmap to Reopen includes but is not limited to:
- Outdoor social gatherings and organized public events with up to 10 people;
- Non-essential retail permitted at 15 per cent capacity, with no restrictions on the goods that can be sold;
- Essential and other select retail permitted at 25 per cent capacity, with no restrictions on the goods that can be sold;
Restaurants, bars and other food and drink establishments
- Outdoor dining with up to four people per table, with exceptions for larger households;
OUTDOOR Sports and recreational fitness facilities
- Outdoor fitness classes, outdoor groups in personal training and outdoor individual/team sport training to be permitted with up to 10 people, among other restrictions;
- Day camps for children permitted to operate in a manner consistent with the safety guidelines for COVID-19 produced by the Office of the Chief Medical Officer of Health;
- Overnight camping at campgrounds and campsites, including Ontario Parks, and short-term rentals;
- Concert venues, theaters and cinemas may open outdoors for the purpose of rehearsing or performing a recorded or broadcasted concert, artistic event, theatrical performance or other performance with no more than 10 performers, among other restrictions;
- Outdoor horse racing tracks and motor speedways permitted to operate without spectators; and
- Outdoor attractions such as zoos, landmarks, historic sites, botanical gardens with capacity limits and other restrictions.
- Outdoor tours with restrictions are now permitted.
Please view the regulation for full details. Please plan ahead and contact any businesses or attractions prior to visiting for updated services and hours.
There are key public safety measures in place to protect staff, our destination, and also visitors and customers. Please click here to check out full details of what Windsor & Essex County is doing to follow health and safety guidelines. In addition to following local health unit guidelines, please remember that masks are mandatory in all indoor spaces within Windsor and Essex County.
HOW TO SUPPORT LOCAL
Please click any of the links below to see our most up-to-date list of attractions that are open in our region. Please click on the links for additional details, or refer to their business website for the most accurate information on their current status of operations. Check back often for updates.
If you are a local business or attraction and not featured on this list please email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can update your status on our website for free.