As of 12am on Monday November 30th the Windsor Essex Region is in the ‘Red – Control’ phase of the provinces framework for reopening. To learn more click here.
- Events and social gatherings limited to 5 indoors /25 outdoors
- Face coverings required indoors at all work and public spaces
- Physical distancing must be maintained
Restaurants, bars and other food and drink establishments
- Require patrons to be seated; 2 metre minimum between tables
- Maximum 10 patrons in a restaurant space
- Limit of 4 people seated together
- Dancing, singing and performing music is permitted, with restrictions
- No buffet style service
- Face coverings except when eating or drinking only
- Liquor sold or served only between 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Establishments must be closed between 10 p.m. ad 5 a.m.
- Require contact information for all seated patrons
Sports and recreational fitness facilities
- Capacity limits to 10 indoors /25 outdoors
Meeting and event spaces
- Maximum of 10 people indoors and 25 people outdoors
- Booking multiple rooms for the same event not permitted
- Similar seating and dining restrictions to restaurants
- Fitting rooms must be limited to non-adjacent stalls
- Line-ups and patrons congregating outside venues managed by venue; 2 metre distance and face covering required
- Screening of patrons prior to entry
Casinos, bingo halls and gaming establishments
- Capacity cannot exceed 10 people indoors or 25 people outdoors
- Table games are prohibited
- Closed except for drive in scenarios
Performing arts facilities
As attractions and businesses continue to adapt to the changing climate during the pandemic, their current offerings may have changed since this guide was published. Please contact any business prior to visiting to confirm their current status.
There are key public safety measures in place to protect staff, our destination, and also visitors and customers. Please click here to check out full details of what Windsor & Essex County is doing to follow health and safety guidelines. In addition to following local health unit guidelines, please remember that masks are mandatory in all indoor spaces within Windsor and Essex County.
Our accommodation partners, restaurants, wineries, breweries and attractions are ready to welcome guests with enhanced health & safety protocols. Please click any of the links below to see our most up-to-date list of attractions that are open in our region. Please click on the links for additional details, or refer to their business website for the most accurate information on their current status of operations. Check back often for updates.
Attractions Now Open
- Check out shopyqg.ca for our guide to exploring retail in Windsor & Essex County. #ShopYQG is filled with guides to explore each district in the region – you can explore shops by district, by type, or by artisan.
- Amherstburg Freedom Museum – Amherstburg – By Appointment
- Canadian Transportation Museum & Heritage Village – Diner open Thursday – Sunday, Call ahead for Tours. (Through August 2020)
- Essex County Steam & Gas Engine Museum – Open Wednesdays
- Fort Malden National Historic Site – Amherstburg (Wednesdays through Sundays from 10 am to 4 pm until September 6th)
- John R. Park Homestead – Harrow – Grounds open, Buildings closed
- Art Gallery of Windsor opening to public October 15th
- Gibson Gallery – Amherstburg
- International Art Designs – LaSalle, By Appointment
- Leamington Art Centre – Leamington
- Nancy Johns Gallery and Framing – Windsor, By Appointment
- Sketch Art Workshop – Tecumseh
- The Art Lab – Windsor
- Windsor Sculpture Park – Windsor
The following winery tasting rooms are open for walk up tastings:
- Aleksander Estate Winery
- Colchester Ridge Estate Winery
- Cooper’s Hawk Vineyards
- Dancing Swallows Vineyard– tastings Saturday & Sunday
- Erie Shore Vineyard – Retail Store Open
- Muscedere Vineyards
- North 42 Degrees Estate Winery – tastings Saturday & Sunday
- Oxley Estate Winery
- Paglione Estate Winery
- Sprucewood Shores Estate Winery
- Vivace Estate Winery
To view wineries currently offering patio options, as well as curbside and door-to-door delivery please click here.
The following breweries & distillery tasting rooms are open for walk up tastings:
- Banded Goose Brewing Company – Kingsville
- Brew Microbrewery – Windsor
- Sandwich Brewing Company – Windsor
- The Grove Brew House – Kingsville
To view breweries currently offering patio options, as well as door-to-door delivery please click here.
- Details coming soon
- Please check out our EVENT CALENDAR by clicking here for a list a festivals and events that are offing socially distances in-person events, or alternative virtual events to experience in the region.
Some attractions will remain closed this season due to staff safety. Please see the below list.
- Adventure Bay Family Water Park
- Colio Estate Winery (curbside pickup only)
- Drinks of Walkerville Tour (WindsorEats)
- J.P. Wiser’s Distillery Experience
- Museum Windsor (all locations)
- Pelee Island Winery Kingsville (curbside pickup only)
- Pelee Island Winery Pavillion
- Rum Runners Tour, Spirits of Windsor Tour & French Connection Tours
- Vin Villa Ruins
- Willistead Manor
PlanNING A ROAD TRIP?
We’ve made the planning process real easy for you with our Windsor Essex Road Trip campaign. Just click here for easy-to-download itineraries that you can use explore Windsor Essex, sorted by type. You can also plan your own itinerary using our MyTrip Digital Itinerary Builder – three easy clicks and you’re on your way to exploring #YQG.
If you’re a local business or attraction and not featured on this list please email email@example.com so we can update your status on our website.