Windsor and Essex County has moved into Stage 3 of reopening as of Wednesday August 12th.
There are key public safety measures in place to protect staff, our destination, and also visitors and customers. Please click here to check out full details of what Windsor & Essex County is doing to follow health and safety guidelines. In addition to following local health unit guidelines, please remember that masks are mandatory in all indoor spaces within Windsor and Essex County.
Our accommodation partners, restaurants, wineries, breweries and attractions are ready to welcome guests with enhanced health & safety protocols. Please click any of the links below to see our most up-to-date list of attractions that are open in our region. Please click on the links for additional details, or refer to their business website for the most accurate information on their current status of operations. Check back often for updates.
Attractions Now Open
- Check out shopyqg.ca for our guide to exploring retail in Windsor & Essex County. #ShopYQG is filled with guides to explore each district in the region – you can explore shops by district, by type, or by artisan.
- Amherstburg Freedom Museum – Amherstburg – By Appointment
- Canadian Historical Aircraft Association – Opening Aug 25 for tours
- Canadian Transportation Museum & Heritage Village – Diner open Thursday – Sunday, Call ahead for Tours. (Through August 2020)
- Essex County Steam & Gas Engine Museum – Open Wednesdays
- Fort Malden National Historic Site – Amherstburg (Wednesdays through Sundays from 10 am to 4 pm until September 6th)
- John R. Park Homestead – Harrow – Grounds open, Buildings closed
- Cineplex Odeon Devonshire – Windsor
- Colasanti’s Tropical Gardens – Mini golf, arcade & petting farm are open
- Crock A Doodle – Windsor
- Exodus Escape Rooms – Windsor
- Hidden Trail Escape Rooms – Windsor
- Imagine Cinemas – Lakeshore
- On The Water Miniature Golf – Lakeshore
- SilverCity Windsor – reopens Aug 21
- Silver Tee Golf & Virtual Gaming Centre – Tecumseh
- Sky Zone – Windsor
- Ure’s Miniature Golf – Essex
- Warp Drive Race Track – Windsor
- Zap Zone – Windsor
The following winery tasting rooms are open for walk up tastings:
- Aleksander Estate Winery
- Colchester Ridge Estate Winery
- Cooper’s Hawk Vineyards
- Dancing Swallows Vineyard– tastings Saturday & Sunday
- Erie Shore Vineyard – Retail Store Open
- Muscedere Vineyards
- North 42 Degrees Estate Winery – tastings Saturday & Sunday
- Oxley Estate Winery
- Paglione Estate Winery
- Sprucewood Shores Estate Winery
- Vivace Estate Winery
To view wineries currently offering patio options, as well as curbside and door-to-door delivery please click here.
The following breweries & distillery tasting rooms are open for walk up tastings:
- Banded Goose Brewing Company – Kingsville
- Brew Microbrewery – Windsor
- Sandwich Brewing Company – Windsor
- The Grove Brew House – Kingsville
- Walkerville Brewery – Windsor – outdoor Biergarten weekends
To view breweries currently offering patio options, as well as door-to-door delivery please click here.
- Details coming soon
- Please check out our EVENT CALENDAR by clicking here for a list a festivals and events that are offing socially distances in-person events, or alternative virtual events to experience the region.
PlanNING A Staycation?
We’ve made the planning process real easy for you with our Summer of the Staycation campaign. Just click here for easy-to-download itineraries that you can use explore Windsor Essex, sored by type. You can also plan your own itinerary using our MyTrip Digital Itinerary Builder – three easy clicks and you’re on your way to exploring #YQG.
If you’re a local business or attraction and not featured on this list please email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can update your status on our website.