INSERT PHOTO – PIZZA
Windsor is easy to get to – by plane, car or bus. Expand any of the below options to find out just how easy it is!
To learn more about Windsor Essex click here and sign up for our newsletter to receive exclusive offers & information.
How to Get Here
Windsor is easy to get to – by car or by bus. Expand any of the below options to find out just how easy it is!
Text text test
Text text test
When you’re planning your trip to Windsor, make sure you know what you need to cross the border. Check out the details below on what you need to cross from the United Stats into Canada
Looking to be on your own schedule or have the flexibility to explore more than one Windsor Essex neighbourhoods or towns? Cross easily at the Ambassador Bridge or the Detroit-Windsor Tunnel with your enhanced licence or passport. Make sure to visit our Crossing Made Easy page for specific details on border crossing. Windsor Essex boasts plenty of free or low cost parking options for you once you are here so having your vehicle will certainly not impede on your budget while offering you the freedom to explore everything from authentic cuisine in Leamington and perfectly instagrammable coffee shops in Amherstburg, to the EPIC Wine Route and the Barrels Bottles & Brews tour and everything in between!
WHAT TO DO
Experience culinary mecca within a 5 block radius in Windsor’s historical Walkerville neighbourhood. F&B Walkerville, Windsor’s dimly lit and almost hidden speakeasy offers purveyors an excellent wine list, creative craft cocktails, fresh oysters and world class food.
Serving up comfort food with a twist and known for their unique brunch items, The Twisted Apron prepares exceptional food with fresh, Ontario-sourced ingredients, using homemade recipes — honestly crafted and unpretentiously served. Or head to Nola’s for a taste of French food with a New Orleans twist. Their crab cakes and gator bites will leave you wanting more!
As part of our Coffee Culture, Anchor Coffee House is a locally owned and operated coffee and lunch spot specializing in paninis, soups, salads and baked goods all made from scratch in house. The menu changes regularly to incorporate local organic products that reflect the season.
Keep the night going in Walkerville with late night live music (and great bites) at The Walkerville Tavern, or head down the road to The Thirsty Butler for cocktails and cold drinks in a relaxed atmosphere.
TOP 10 THINGS TO DO IN WINDSOR
10. Willistead Manor
Walls made from whisky! Built originally in 1904 by Hiram Walker for his son, take a tour of Willistead Manor and the park surrounding it to learn more about the history of Walkerville and Hiram Walker. Tip: come during the Christmas Season to view the manor decked out in thousands of Christmas directions to get you into the holiday spirit.
9. Adventure Bay Family Water Park
The largest waterpark in Southern Ontario and located no more than 4 blocks from all of our downtown hotels, it’s the [perfect stop for the family. Don’t forget to buy a pass on the Flowrider – your chance to surf indoors, and 1-of-8 in Canada.
8. Step Into History
We are the first stop on the underground railroad, a big part in the War of 1812, and have historical areas including Walkerville and Sandwich Town that are easily walkable, and a photo op around every corner. To learn about our heritage and attractions click here.
7. Our Coffee Culture
Our coffee shops are more than just your regular double double. Check out our roasters and artisanal coffee shops and talk with our baristats who will share their passion for the perfect brew.
6. Devonshire Mall
Just filling a $70+ million dollar renovation, check out Devonshire Mall if you’ve got an itch to shop. Explore Lululemon, RW & Co., Roots, M.A.C Cosmetics, H&M, BB Branded Boutique & more.
5. Barrels Bottles & BRews
Check out the Flight Log and explore the 10 breweries and 2 distilleries that are part of the Barrels Bottles & Brews Trail. A Flight Log will cost you $25 – and gets you an exclusive offer on a flight of craft beer or spirits at each stop. Check out what you could experience
4. Windsor Sculpture Park
Windsor’s waterfront trail system is superb – 5 kilometres of trails and greenspace, featuring the Windsor Sculpture Park and over 30 outdoor sculptures with picturesque views of the Detroit River.
3. Caesars Windsor Casino & Resort
Come explore Canada’s largest casino resort – from non-stop action on the gaming floor to world class accommodations and world class entertainment weekly inside the 5,000 seat Colosseum. Make it a day trip, a night, or a weekend (including some fun inside Ariius nightclub) all under one roof!
2. J.P. Wiser’s Distillery Experience
Did you know that Windsor is the home of Canadian whisky – and North America’s largest distillery is located right along the Detroit River in Windsor.
1. So Many Trails
There are miles of trails in our region – perfect for a two wheeled adventure. Check out visitwindsoressex.com/bike for our Cycle Tourism Map featuring six trails, and bike-friendly certified stops along each trail.
CHECK OUT OUR ITINERARIES
READ ALL ABOUT IT
Use our blogs to help learn more about what to do in Windsor. Check out some of our best below – or click here to read them all.
ISERT 3 BLOGS and PHOTOS
WHERE TO EAT
You may not know, but Windsor is one of the most culturally diverse cities in Canada – and it give sour food scene some tastes to explore. Check out some of of best bites below.
- Windsor-style Pizza
- Tacos & maxican fare
- Italian fare
- We provide some perfect pairiings – with 10 craft breweries and 18 wineries in our region offering local pairings at each stop. You can learn more of our breweries by picking up a Flight Log and exploring our Barrels Bottles & Brews Trails with exclusive tasting flights at each stop, or buying an EPIC Tasting Pass and get a taste of our bold reds and crisp whites at 11 of our wineries.
To learn more about the great restaurants available when you visit Windsor.
WHERE TO STAY
From 4 diamond accommodations, or sleeping under the stars, we have a bed for every head in Windsor Essex. Check out some of our great options.
- With beautifully appointed accommodations peppered with outstanding services, like complimentary valet, concierge, indoor pool & spa, and fitness centre Caesar’s Windsor Hotel will make your stay truly unforgettable.
- Experience an unforgettable waterfront views at the Holiday Inn Express or Best Western PLUS Waterfront Hotel
- Long term stay? Easy – check out TownPlace Suites by Marriott
Plan a relaxed stay at ne of our cottages or bed & breakfasts dotting the region
To explore all the great accommodation options or to book a room in Windsor now click here.
WHERE TO PLAY
Whether it’s family fun, or a night out on the town – a trip of the border is the perfect escape.
- Experience some of the best entertainment inside The Colosseum at Caesars Windsor – past performers including Brunoa Mars, Drake, Celine Dion, Maroon 5 & more
- Discover our outdoor galleries – street art in Maiden Lane, Ford City & more covering our streets & back alleys
- Explore our 5km waterfront trails, including the Windsor Sculpture Park and 30+ outdoor sculptures along the trail
- Splish splash with the entire family at Adventure Bay Family Water Park just steps from all our hotels
- Click here to see the winners of the 2020 Best of Windsor Essex Awards – a list of th ebest places to go & things to do as voted by locals
- Click here to check out our 2019/2020 Official Visitors Guide
- Click here to check out our 2019/2020 Wine Route Map
- Currency converter – USD $1 = CAD $1.34 (as of XXX)
- Crossingmadeeasy.com for border crossing details