Downtown Windsor Farmers’ Market
Saturday, May 15, 8:00 am to 1:00 pm
The Downtown Windsor Farmers’ Market celebrates its highly-anticipated sixth season on Pelissier Street and Maiden Lane. Home to over 40 produce, food and artisanal vendors, “the rain-or-shine event is forecasted to not only be a welcome gateway to the spring and summer season,” says Market Manager Steve Green, “but also serves as a sign of hope and recovery. This means that vendors and entrepreneurs will have a space to work, while visitors and residents will again have access to locally grown, farm fresh products.”
Last year, the DWFM worked closely with the Windsor-Essex County Health Unit and Farmers’ Market Ontario to ensure that social distancing measures and safety protocols were in place when the market opened; even stricter protocols will be followed this year.
Some of the 2021 measures will include:
· Physical distancing measures at entry and exit points
· Division of site and one-way traffic flow in each direction
· Hand-wash stations, portable toilets, masks and sanitizers at all entrances/exits
· Patio services to be removed until such time as the health regulations allow for the congregation of market visitors
· All interactive features, like Kids Corner and Chef’s Table, to be moved to virtual experiences
The 2021 season kicks off May 1st and runs until December 11th!
Venue: Pelissier Street at Maiden Lane
Windsor, ON N9A 4K9 Canada