- This event has passed.
EPIC Meet the Makers
Saturday, February 9 to Sunday, February 10
Meet the men and women whose craft is at the heart of EPIC Wine Country…the winemakers! Mingle with them at each participating winery as they talk about what they do and the wines they love. A $40 discovery pass is your ticket to an intimate look behind the bottle at 10 EPIC wineries. Each stop will provide a unique, hands-on experience at set times throughout the day, led by the winemakers and owners themselves. Tickets are valid for the entire weekend, so take your time: play, sip and learn!
Activities will commence at each location hourly starting at 12:00 with the last activity starting at 4:00. Please try your best to plan ahead: some activities may be limited by group size.
Participating wineries & events:
- Aleksander Estate Winery – Discover the process of Filtering
- Colio – Into the Bubbles ~ Sparkling Wine Sabering Demonstration and Tasting! Enjoy a tour of the sparkling section of the winery to learn first-hand how different types of sparkling wine is made while enjoying a glass of our Lily Sparkling Rosé. Discover how to pair food with sparkling wines and enjoy a sample of how easy and tasty it can be. Watch a skilled professional practice the art of “sabering” (opening) a bottle of sparkling with a special sword.
- Cooper’s Hawk Vineyards – Production Tours, throughout the afternoon
- CREW (Colchester Ridge Estate Winery) – Winter in the Vineyard – It’s snow joke!
- Muscedere –Bordeaux Varietal Tasting
- Oxley Estate Winery – The Role of the Barrel – Plus Barrel Rolling!
- Pelee Island Winery – Facility Tour & Tasting
- Sprucewood Shores Estate Winery – Step into the Winemaker’s Lab (available every half hour)
- Viewpointe Estate Winery – Tasting Cabernet Franc; Past, Present and Future
- Vivace Estate Winery – Explore the Origins of Vivace through Music
To purchase your tickets go to www.eztix.co