- This event has passed.
Jane’s Walks – Windsor/Essex
Friday, May 7 to Sunday, May 9
Digital and Live Walks. Register on Eventbrite for all live digital walks
Holiday Beach Pine Forest Walking Tour
Friday, May 7, 1:30 – 2:30 PM. Join certified Woods Wizard ™ Gerry Hedges on an exploration of the west end of County Road 50, and a look inside an unmaintained Pine Forest near Holiday Beach Conservation Area.
Host: Gerry Hedges, Available on Facebook Live
A Spin Through Spring Garden
Friday, May 7, 5:00 – 6:00 PM, Meet us (online) at the Capri Sports Complex. We’re going to navigate you through some of Windsor’s interconnected trails to get to the Ojibway Nature Center. Along the way, we’ll show what makes our neighbourhood so unique.
Hosts: TJ & Jess Bondy, Available on Zoom / Register on Eventbrite
Where We Once Were: A Windsor Waterfront Walk Across Time
Friday, May 7, 6:00 – 7:00 PM, A virtual walk through narratives of Indigenous, colonial, industrial, civic, and domestic space along the Detroit River revealing sites of architecture, ritual, production, contestation, speculation, and culture.
Host: Tom Provost, Available on Zoom / Register on Eventbrite
Alleys to Opportunity
Saturday, May 8, 1:00 – 2:00 PM, There are over 80km of alleyways in the City of Windsor and they are slowly disappearing. Not all alleys are made equally, some should disappear, but the question is how can we better use these space to have positive impact in the City.
Host: Frazier Fathers, Available on Facebook Live
- The Electric Slide(Show): A Tour of the Windsor’s Electrical Grid
- Pathways to biodiversity – where ecological restoration and local food resilience meet in your neighbourhood
- Wild Foraging for everyone ~ recontextualized for accessibility & ecological resilience
- The Art and Architecture of Assumption Church
- Art Space / Art Walk
- 401 West: Portrait of the Region
- Illustrated Feature: Echo Building
- Chanels and Channels
- Ep 7: The Greatest Steel Town That Never Was
- Downtown Windsor: What If?
City of Windsor Heritage Walking Tours
Downtown Windsor Architecture Walk
Freegan Sweet: Urban Forager Story Mapping
Turtle Island Walking Tour