- This event has passed.
Open Streets Windsor
Sunday, September 22, 10:00 am to 2:00 pm
Open Streets Windsor returns this September to connect our diverse neighbourhoods and people across our community on Sunday, September 22, 2019 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
As thousands have witnessed over the past three years, this free community event will see an updated eight kilometre route along Sandwich Street, Riverside Drive West (new this year!), University Avenue, Wyandotte Street East and Drouillard Road temporarily opened to people but closed to cars.
The newly added River Rest hub stretches along Riverside Drive West and offers an opportunity to relax, take in the view and take the perfect selfie!
What is Open Streets about?
Open Streets are unique events that have been held in over 100 cities in North America and involve the temporary closure of roadways to vehicular traffic, allowing people to use them for a host of healthy and fun physical activities like walking, cycling, yoga, dancing and fitness.
The goals of Open Streets Windsor are to:
- Encourage active transportation and physical activity;
- Encourage community building activities;
- Promote community-led active living initiatives;
- Showcase recently improved streetscapes;
- Provide an opportunity for local businesses and organizations to participate along the route.