Peche Island Tours
Sunday, August 26, 10:00 am to 3:30 pm
Peche Island, a 86-acre island was purchased by Hiram Walker in 1883. Walker used the island for a summer place, and his buildings included a stable, large home, greenhouse, and icehouse. The property was sold in 1907. The City of Windsor acquired the land from the Province of Ontario in 1999. It is now a naturalized park with walking trails and can be accessed by boat.
On a tour of Peche Island you will:
- Explore the 86-acre island
- Discover the island’s history
- Experience the naturalized trails, canals and ruins
- Enjoy the view of Windsor and Detroit
What you need to know:
- Tours begin June 27 and will conclude on October 3, 2018
- $5 per seat (2 years old and under are free)
- Tours will operate Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays, weather permitting!
- The first shuttle will depart Lakeview Park Marina at 10:00 a.m. and will continue every hour on the hour until the last departure from the marina at 2:00 p.m.
- Passengers return from the island on the half hour with the last shuttle returning from Peche Island at 3:30 p.m.
- A maximum of 6 passengers can be on board for each shuttle – to or from the island (excluding the captain)
- No more than 12 passengers will be booked for each hourly departure time
You MUST pre-book your adventure by calling Lakeview Park Marina at 519-948-3383. Photo ID is required to board the boat. A waiver must be signed prior to departure and can be found by clicking the event website link above.
Venue: Lakeview Park Marina
9200 Riverside Dr E
Windsor, ON N8S 1H1 Canada