Getting Crafty in Windsor, Ontario
Original blog by Dee of Dash of Dee | July 2019
Getaways with your bestie are the best kind. A couple of weekends ago, Jenelle and I took off on a little road trip down to the Windsor area to do some exploring and have some serious girl time. The trip was full of the things we love to do – explore markets, eat & craft! I’m sharing some of our favourite things we discovered while away. Check out some fun things to do in Windsor, Ontario:
- The Four Points by Sheraton has a great location downtown Windsor, with easy access to make restaurants and shops (and the US border!)
- The Seacliffe Inn is a great spot to stay with it’s prime location right by Lake Erie. Enjoy a walk down by the lake during the summer and take in some of the fun concerts and events happening in Leamington!
- If you want to try something different, Nola’s is the place to go. Authentic New Orleans-style food is complimented by delicious cocktails, live jazz nights and a beautiful back courtyard.
- A Dog’s Breakfast serves up some of the best breakfast I’ve ever had – I had to try the eggs benedict on puff pastry with pork belly and my tummy definitely thanked me for that choice. As a bonus it’s located right by the Downtown Windsor Farmer’s Market; stop by for breakfast on Saturday mornings before taking a stroll through to pick up fresh produce and treats.
- If vegan food is your thing, you won’t be disappointed with Carrots & Dates. I’m not vegan and was extremely happy with my vegan pad thai!
- Thirteen at The Inn, nestled underneath The Seacliffe Inn, was one of my favourite stops of the weekend. The food was incredible, it’s beautifully decorated with a great patio for warm summer nights, and I love the fact that both the owner and head chef are female!
- When you just want a good, classic breakfast to start your day, Erie Shores Golf & Country Club definitely does the trick!
- Lakeside Bakery is a great place to stop for lunch. The bakery and deli makes a mean sandwich and you can pick up a few extra goodies to bring home afterwards. Their freshly baked bread is incredible!
- Get your Friday night going with a visit to the Walkerville Distillery District Night Market, which takes place 4 Fridays during the warmer months. It’s a great time and a fun date night or friend get together spot with lots of food, drinks & vendors.
- Whiskey Jack Boutique is a must visit while in Windsor. The new shop, located on Maiden Lane, is full of super cute products from local creatives and is the perfect place to look for gifts. Make sure you check out the gorgeous Alora Flora jewelry while there!
- The Downtown Windsor Farmers Market , which takes place on Saturday mornings, is the perfect place to stock up for the week ahead, with fresh veg, baked goods & much more up for grabs.
- Looking for some tasty treats? Kings Bakeshop ticks all the boxes for a fun stop – yummy cupcakes & macarons, beautiful decor & lots of room to sit and enjoy.
- Art in the Park, which takes place during the first weekend of June every year, is a really neat way to check out local vendors and artisans and to enjoy the weekend outdoors. I picked up a few really cool things while there!
- Located in Kingsville, Urban Art Market is another neat spot to check out items from local artisans – they have some great gift ideas!
- House Of Flower offers a really unique experience in its wreath making & floral arranging workshops. I created the gorgeous wreath you see below with a little guidance and had such a great time doing so. (Bonus: This is located on the same site as Aziz Fruit Stand & The Wooden Spoon bakery, which are all owned by members of the same family!)
These are just a few of the fun things to do in Windsor, Ontario and we had an absolute blast while down there. The stops we made were perfect for a girls’ getaway!
This blog was created in partnership with funding from Ontario Southwest. To explore more that you can do in #OntSouthwest check out ontariosouthwest.com