How To Get Here
We’re easy to get to! With two international border crossings from the United States of America, pack up there car and plan a road trip to Windsor, Ontario, Canada! all you need is a passport or enhanced drivers license to get over.
Take the Ambassador Bridge or the Windsor-Detroit Tunnel from downtown Detroit to start your stay!
Before you plan your travel make sure you click crossingmadeeasy.com for details on our border crossings, what documntation you need to get over the bridge, travel updates and more.
Get more for your dollar
Your dollar goes further in Canada! When you plan your stay remember that everything listed in Canadian dollars – so you get 30%* more in Canada. Check out our currency converter for today’s exchange rate.
- based on an average exchange rate from 2018
Where To Stay
From four diamond experiences to quaint hotels & bed and breakfasts, we have a bed for all types of heads. Check out some of our great options, including:
- A 4 diamond stay at Caesars Windsor Casino & Resort
- Newly renovated hotels including the Four Point by Sheraton, TownePlace Suites by Marriot and the Holiday Inn Express Windsor Waterfront
- Intimate stays and bed & breakfasts like A Hidden Gem B&B and Ye Olde Walkerville Bed & Breakfast
If you’re looking for a place to stay in Windsor Essex click here.
WHERE TO EAT
Windsor Essex is one of the most culturally diverse cities in the country – and our districts and restaurants speak to it! Check out some of our most popular bites, including:
- Windsor-style pizza – ranked best in Canada (2019) and best in the world (2017). Check out why it’s so good here.
- Explore Via Italia and their Italian flavours. Small coffee shops, boutique stores, and fantastic pasta bites
- We’re big in fresh! Essex county if the green house capital of Canada and we can get fresh vegetables and fruits all year long – explore some of our farm-to-table dining destinations
- Plan a trip in June to check out Carrousel of the Nations put on by the Multi Cultural Council of Windsor Essex, featuring 20 different foodie stops in the region that are all culturally authentic and offering home grown flavours from their nation.
TOP 10 THINGS TO DISCOVER IN WINDSOR
Looking for things to do when you get here? Check out our Top 10 things to check out on your next trip!
10. Willistead Manor
Walls made from whisky! Built originally in 1904 by Hiram Walker for his son, take a tour of Willistead Manor and the park surrounding it to learn more about the history of Walkerville and Hiram Walker. Tip: come during the Christmas Season to view the manor decked out in thousands of Christmas directions to get you into the holiday spirit.
9. Adventure Bay Family Water Park
The largest waterpark in Southern Ontario and located no more than 4 blocks from all of our downtown hotels, it’s the [perfect stop for the family. Don’t forget to buy a pass on the Flowrider – your chance to surf indoors, and 1-of-8 in Canada.
8. Step Into History
We are the first stop on the underground railroad, a big part in the War of 1812, and have historical areas including Walkerville and Sandwich Town that are easily walkable, and a photo op around every corner. To learn about our heritage and attractions click here.
7. Our Coffee Culture
Our coffee shops are more than just your regular double double. Check out our roasters and artisanal coffee shops and talk with our baristats who will share their passion for the perfect brew.
6. Devonshire Mall
Just filling a $70+ million dollar renovation, check out Devonshire Mall if you’ve got an itch to shop. Explore Lululemon, RW & Co., Roots, M.A.C Cosmetics, H&M, BB Branded Boutique & more.
5. Barrels Bottles & BRews
Check out the Flight Log and explore the 10 breweries and 2 distilleries that are part of the Barrels Bottles & Brews Trail. A Flight Log will cost you $25 – and gets you an exclusive offer on a flight of craft beer or spirits at each stop. Check out what you could experience
4. Windsor Sculpture Park
Windsor’s waterfront trail system is superb – 5 kilometres of trails and greenspace, featuring the Windsor Sculpture Park and over 30 outdoor sculptures with picturesque views of the Detroit River.
3. Caesars Windsor Casino & Resort
Come explore Canada’s largest casino resort – from non-stop action on the gaming floor to world class accommodations and world class entertainment weekly inside the 5,000 seat Colosseum. Make it a day trip, a night, or a weekend (including some fun inside Ariius nightclub) all under one roof!
2. J.P. Wiser’s Distillery Experience
Did you know that Windsor is the home of Canadian whisky – and North America’s largest distillery is located right along the Detroit River in Windsor.
1. So Many Trails
There are miles of trails in our region – perfect for a two wheeled adventure. Check out visitwindsoressex.com/bike for our Cycle Tourism Map featuring six trails, and bike-friendly certified stops along each trail.
Looking for more things to do when you visit Windsor? Check out our 2019/2020 Official Visitor Guide – filled with info & tips on the best things to see, do & taste in our region! You can also check out our Best of Windsor Essex Awards – a list of 46 of the best things to check out when you’re here as voted on by locals.
If you wanna stay up to day on our region you can also sign up for our newsletter to get info, details and more about our region directly to your inbox.