Welcome to the Windsor Essex Holiday Gift Guide – your way to buy local this holiday season. You can use it a wish list for yourself, or as a shopping list for that special someone in your life! We’re sure we have enough on this list to cover everyone you need to buy for – naughty or nice!
As of 12am on Monday December 14th the Windsor Essex Region is in the ‘Grey – Lockdown’ phase of the provinces COVID-19 response framework. To learn more click here. This impacts your shopping experience in the following manner:
- Events and social gatherings are not permitted indoors and restricted to 10 people for outdoor events
- Face coverings required indoors at all work and public spaces
- Physical distancing must be maintained
- Permitted to be open for curbside pick-up or delivery, except for supermarkets, grocery stores, convenience stores, hardware stores, other retailers selling groceries, beer and wine and liquor stores, pharmacies, safety supply stores and pet supply stores permitted to be open for in-person shopping
You can still support local!
Contact the local small business you are looking to buy from in advance – most are offering delivery or curbside pick up during the lockdown phase. Explore the guide – each listing has a website or phone number to reach the business and confirm their current services.
Download our 2020 Holiday Gift Guide
to see our featured gifts for this season!
This holiday season we want you to #ShopYQG – and keep your dollars local for all the gifts you need to be!
Our 2020 Holiday Gift Guide features ideas that are locally crafted and curated items that would make a perfect gift for someone that you care about this holiday season. We’ve designed this resource in partnership with the Windsor-Essex Small Business Centre, the Windsor-Essex Regional Chamber of Commerce, the Ontario Greenhouse & Vegetable Growers Association and our W.E. Made It Program, to make it easier for you to find local gift inspirations for everyone on your list! Get inspired – when you buy local, your money goes back to our community. There are so many unique items available locally, and your purchases help keep more money in our region this holiday season.
Search By Category >>
enter our “40 days of giveaways” contest
Thank you for everyone who played along for our 40 Days of Giveaways. Between November 9th and December 18th we gave away over $4,000 in prizes – all prizes that are featured in our 2020 Holiday Gift Guide.
Our contest is over – but you can still shop and support small businesses featured in our 2020 Holiday Gift Guide. To see a full list of winners please click here or check out the list below.
- Monday November 9th – Adam D. of LaSalle won a pair of Swarovski Drop Earrings from Aloraflora Jewelry
- Tuesday November 10th – Darlene T. of Windsor who won a Three Book Series Paperback Holiday Bundle from Mirror World Publishing
- Wednesday November 11th – Donna N. of Windsor who won an Original Acrylic Painting from Nora Harvey – Artist
- Thursday November 12th – Melissa B. of Lakeshore who won a $50 Gift Certificate from R.W Studios
- Friday November 13th – Maggie A. of Amherstburg won a Gluten Free Cheesecake from Forgot the Flour
- Saturday November 14th – Shirley B. of Kingsville won a $50 gift certificate from Nancy John’s Gallery & Framing
- Sunday November 15th – Gail R. of Windsor won a pair of teething pendants from Bubblegums Ltd.
- Monday November 16th – Lance G. of Windsor won an Auld Lang Wyne gift box from CREW Winery
- Tuesday November 17th – Brad W. of Tecumseh won a $200 gift certificate to Soffi Studios
- Wednesday November 18th – Darlene L. of Amherstburg who won a Nuno Felted Scarf from Great Lakes Felts
- Thursday November 19th – Pat L. of Lakeshore who won a $50 gift certificate to Craft Heads Brewing Co.
- Friday November 20th – Kim L. of Tecumseh who won a set of lunch plates from The Pottery Cupboard
- Saturday November 21st – Cathey S. of Windsor who won a women’s trifold leather wallet from Gallup Leather
- Sunday November 22nd – Doug G. of Essex who won a bath & body gift set from Bella’s Blissful Body Treats
- Monday November 23rd – Laine W. of Windsor who won a $50 gift certificate to Ocean Bottom Soap Company
- Tuesday November 24th – Forrest S. of Tecumseh who won a Windsor-Essex Crew Neck & Tuque from Southwest Shores
- Wednesday November 25th – Catherine M. of Leamington who won a $50 Gift Certificate from RARE Apparel
- Thursday November 26th – Carol J. of Amherstburg who won a Tin Lantern from the Park House Tinsmiths
- Friday November 27th – Sonya S. of Essex who won a $50 Gift Certificate from Fluff Petcare
- Saturday November 28th – Jason A. of Windsor who won 4 candles of their choice from Walkerville Candles
- Sunday November 29th – Kevin G. of Windsor who won a Private Crochet Class from The Hook Pusher
- Monday November 30th – Taylor F. of Kingsville who won a sampling session for 8 (including their maple beer) from BREW Microbrewery
- Tuesday December 1st – Jodi M. of Lakeshore who won a $50 Gift Certificate to The Local Maker
- Wednesday December 2nd – Katharine M. of Windsor who won Two Hand Painted Mugs from Eyes To The Skies
- Thursday December 3rd – Jill N. of Leamington who won A Pair of Mugs from GPots Pottery
- Friday December 4th – Jason M. of Amherstburg who won a 6 Pack of Cold Brew and Limited Edition T-shirt from 30mL Coffee Co.
- Saturday December 5th – Amanda B. of Windsor who won a pair of Baby Booties and Baby Bear Beanie from Stray Sheep Co.
- Sunday December 6th – Sandra N. of Lakeshore who won a $50 Gift Certificate from NJ Knits
- Monday December 7th – Mike M. of Windsor who won a pair of Ceramic Wine Tumblers from Amy Farkas Small Batch Ceramics
- Tuesday December 8th – Dustin D. of Tecumseh who won a YQG Makers Basket from Lee & Maria’s
- Wednesday December 9th – Louise B. of LaSalle who won a Box of Hand Crafted Chocolates from Walker’s Fine Candies
- Thursday December 10th – Carmen W. of Windsor who won a set of Four Original Art Cards from Ann Roth Art
- Friday December 11th – Brad H. of Essex who won a Lavender Relaxation Package from Serenity Lavender
- Saturday December 12th – Lana W. of Essex who won a $75 Gift Certificate from Swinging Soaps
- Sunday December 13th – Aaron H. of Tecumseh who won a $50 Gift Certificate from The Gibson Gallery
- Monday December 14th – Nicole B. of Kingsville who won a Lola Sparkling Gift Box from Pelee Island Winery
- Tuesday December 15th – Mike C. of Windsor who won a Reclaimed Wood Charcuterie Board from Michael Difazio Reclaim Artistry
- Wednesday December 16th – Shawna L. of Windsor who won a Hand Crafted Pottery Tea Gift Pack from River Rock Pottery
- Thursday December 17th – Sandra I. of Leamington who won a Locally Made Gift Basket from some of the 35+ Artisans featured at Urban Art Market
- Friday December 18th – Darrin F. of Kingsville who won a $75 Gift Certificate from Wolfhead Distillery
EXPLORE OUR DISTRICTS
Take the opportunity this holiday season to explore the unique districts in each town – filled with boutique shops, artisans, and major retail partners employing local residents. Remember for every $100 you spend at locally owned businesses, $68 will stay in our community. Resist the urge of the major online distributors and head right into the store and say hi (behind your mask) to one of your neighbours #ShopYQG
If shopping for one-of-a-kind finds is your thing, you can find island apparel and unique island gifts at one of the island’s boutiques or at the Pelee Art Works arts and crafts center, where you are sure to find that special piece you have been searching for.Discover Pelee Island
From eclectic antique shops like Dusty Loft Antiques and Collectibles and stylish clothing boutiques, to the weekly The Amherstburg Farmers Market where you’ll find local produce each Saturday. There may not be a shopping mall here but you will certainly find something for everyone.Discover Amherstburg
Essex is home to two distinct urban areas with many friendly faces to greet you. Vibrant downtown cores in Essex and Harrow Centre offer a world of opportunity for shoppers. Meander along County Road 50 and discover everything from Serenity Lavender Farm to unique artisan shops.Discover Essex
Main Street Kingsville serves up exactly what you picture a small-town shopping experience to be. Boutique shops line the streets and offer an assortment of unique clothing, Dutch Boys hand-crafted chocolates, gifts, home decor and gardening essentials, and so much more. Pop into one of the three craft breweries, bakeries or produce markets and get a taste of local.Discover Kingsville
Shop handcrafted items, vintage clothing and antiques along Leamington’s newly reinvented Mill Street. If you have a taste for the authentic ensure to stop in to one of the area’s diverse cultural markets, bakeries or local butcher shops like Bradt’s Butcher Block and Lakeside Bakery & Deli.Discover Leamington
From outlet shopping at Windsor Crossing Premium Outlets with an amazing selection of retail stores to smaller, locally owned and operated retail stores in Malden Centre and along Front Road. Stop in to one of LaSalle’s lavish boutiques, decor or gift shops and be greeted by a friendly face.Discover LaSalle
There are many ways to shop across the city of Windsor. From up-scale shopping centres filled with much loved brands to unique neighbourhood districts such as Walkerville District, Old Riverside and Pillette Village where each offers stylish boutiques, gift shops, antique & vintage finds alongside handmade decor, and local goods. Filled with foodie delights, a day in our neighbourhoods can fill your stomachs and your shopping bag.Discover Windsor
Tecumseh is home to a large selection of small town boutiques which cater to everything from home decor to cycling needs, spa treatments, organic skin care, shoes, clothing and more. You will find it all in this picturesque and welcoming town.Discover Tecumseh
Be sure to check out the many unique shops in all of Lakeshore’s communities. Between catch-all boutiques and local markets and foodie favourites like The Cheese Bar, you are sure to find all things gift-worth such as homemade jewellery, clothing, artisan cheeses and the freshest local produce.Discover Lakeshore
Watch out Grizwolds! Windsor Essex has some beautiful and unique light displays & installations full of holiday cheer!
Discover how others have explored Windsor Essex over past holiday seasons and get ideas for your perfect itinerary!
Create something delightful for your family and friends this holiday season using locally grown fruits and vegetables.
The 2020 Holiday Gift Guide is sponsored by:
The products and partners listed in the W.E. Made It gift guide were selected from applications from partners participating in the Tourism Windsor Essex Pelee Island ‘W.E. Made It’ Program and engaged partners with the Windsor Essex Small Business Centre. It is free to participate in the W.E. Made It Program – click yqgmade.ca for more details, or contact Jason Toner at email@example.com.