If you have trouble kicking off your day without coffee, Windsor Essex has a cup of perfection waiting for you! From cold brew to roast, Windsor Essex is filled with creative and flavourful coffee recipes to get you energized in the morning. Get ready to explore the coffee culture in Windsor Essex – boutique coffee shops and roasters dotting our region.
Whether you’re looking for a latte, flat white, or Americano, our cafes have you covered. By providing outstanding coffee and service, you will feel right at home at some of our top-quality cafes here in Windsor Essex. Bring your friends and grab a seat and enjoy a fresh brew over some great conversation. Most of our coffee shops are also offering unique eats – biscuits and cookies baked in house, unique sandwiches and quiches to munch on as you catch up with a bestie, and delightful desserts.
- 30mL Coffee Co. (Windsor – inside Craft Heads Brewing Co.)
- Anchor Coffee with two locations (Walkerville and West Windsor)
- Bean 15 (Kingsville)
- Ciao Caffe (East Windsor)
- Green Bean Cafe (West Windsor)
- Old School Deli & Cafe (Essex)
- Red Lantern Coffee Co. (Kingsville)
- Taloola Cafe (Walkerville)
If you’re looking for locally roasted beans, we have you covered. From small batch artisanal to bulk quantities for your work or service needs, we have great options. Our artisanal roasters also offer delivery and subscription service to fulfill your caffeine needs.
Cold brew coffee is also becoming increasingly popular in Windsor Essex! This specialty coffee is steeped in room-temperature water for an extended period of time and the grounds are filtered out. The result is a smoother and sweeter cup of coffee! Try some of our famous cold brew at 30mL Coffee Co., offering delivery service and available at multiple retail locations.
Know Before You Go
If you love coffee and want to expand your horizons when you hit one of our coffee shops, use our quick guide below to know what you want to order before you get to the register.
- Americano – simple and easy, shot of espresso with hot water added to it.
- Cappuccino – three layers (kind of like a cake). A shot of espresso, then a shot of steamed milk, then a layer of frothed, foamy milk.
- Cold Brew – not simply cold coffee, this brew is slow brewed with cold water between 12 & 24 ours (depending on the recipe you’re trying that day)
- Espresso – the purest coffee you can get. Fresh ground beans and hot water.
- Flat White – steamed milk (but not the frothy kind, instead rather creamy) poured over a shot of espresso.
- Latte – steamed (or scalded) milk and a single shot of coffee. Generally frothy.
- Macchiato – a shot of espresso topped with foamed milk dashed directly into the cup.
- Mochaccino – just like a latte, with added chocolate power or syrup. Some people will add whipped cream.
- Affogato – not really a coffee at all. Just take your favourite espresso and pour it over some ice cream. Coffee for dessert!