Great news for golfers in Windsor Essex!
As social distancing measures relax, the Ontario government has permitted golf courses to open as of Saturday May 16th. Thought golf is permitted, some courses may remain closed as they adapt to new regulations and recommendations.
Below is a highlight of safety measures put in place for safe golfing in the province.
Golf course operators must adhere to social distancing and personal hygiene rules as well as to understand and follow the Provincial Government’s Guidance for Golf Operators recommended protocols and the Health and Safety Association Guidance Documents for Workplaces During the COVID-19 Outbreak.
We ask for your patience as both courses and golfers adapt to the new measures, and that you also follow suggested social distancing recommendations while on the course. New mandates for golfers include:
- Golfers must have a pre-scheduled tee time prior to arrival. No walk up admission.
- Golfers should arrive no early than 15 minutes prior to their tee time.
- Do not to touch anything on the course besides your personal belongings.
- Golfers are not permitted to shake hands post round.
- Pins must remain in the up at all times. Do not touch the pin.
- Golfers should leave the facility in an appropriate amount of time following their game play. Congregating in the parking lot is not permitted.
View this post on Instagram
View this post on Instagram
A clubhouse member will greet you at the main entrance and remind you of distancing requirement, as well as additional new course mandates, including:
- Club houses are closed for public gathering, other than access to public restrooms.
- Restaurants are available for take out service only.
- Courses will increase frequency of cleaning and disinfecting of public areas.Tee times will be adjust at each course to both create appropriate social distancing between athletes and as well keep pace of play maintained.
- All carts (motorized or manual) will be cleaned and disinfected after each use.
- Golf carts rentals are reserved for single riders only, unless the two riders reside in the same household.
- Score cards and pencils will only be issues upon request.
- Regular course equipment including water fountains, benches, ball washers, bunker rakes and trash cans will not be available for use.
Each golfer must be asked if they have returned from travel outside of Canada within the last 14 days, if they have they will be asked to leave the property immediately as they must be in self-quarantine for 14 days.
Golfers caught disobeying any safety protocols will be requested to leave the facility immediately and banned to return while safety protocols being utilized.
Golf being allowed to open is great news for residents and visitors who have been looking for a safe way to physical distance while getting outside. It will be a big boost to our collective mental health as well and will help kickstart the economic recovery in Ontario.
Courses currently operating in Windsor Essex include but are not limited to (click name for additional details):
If you are a golf course in Windsor Essex that is open and not listed above please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a reminder advanced tee times are required for any game play.