In need of some retail therapy?
On Tuesday May 19th the Province of Ontario permitted retail locations to open their doors to customers if they are able to follow safe measures for their customers. Full details on recommendations from the government can be found here.
Now more than ever it is important to support local in all aspects – whether it is through exploring our neighbourhoods and visiting boutique shops, purchasing from our big box retailers, or buying from local artisans and makers.
Stores with street access and essential service businesses may be open at our malls. Click the links below for more details on which stores are open at each location:
Recommendations for businesses to operate properly when reopening include:
- Provide online ordering, delivery or curb side pick up of possible to reduce need for customers to enter the retail space
- Keep work surfaces, order screens, debit machines, cash registers, and equipment clean
- Provide hand sanitizer for visitors to use upon entry
- Sanitizing shopping carts and hand baskets between use
- Control how many customers enter the retail space (50 sq. ft. per customer)
- Manage traffic flow and physical distancing with such measures as floor markings and barriers.
- Install barrier between cashier and customer; this can include plexi-glass or markings on the floor to ensure at least 2 meters between customer and cashier
- Use of new bags only when bagging merchandise
The use of proper physical distancing in public is encouraged, as well as use of a face mask.
Though retail spaces are permitted to be open, many may take days or weeks to adapt to the above recommendations. We encourage you to contact retail partners prior to visiting them.