In need of some retail therapy?
A partnership with the Windsor-Essex Regional Chamber of Commerce and Tourism Windsor Essex Pelee Island.
Now more than ever it is important to support local in all aspects, especially as Provincial legislation permits more locations to re-open. Whether through exploring our neighbourhoods and visiting boutique shops and restaurants, purchasing from our big box retailers, or buying from local artisans and makers, Windsor Essex needs the support of its residents at this challenging time.
#ShopYQG is designed to get you back into the stores safely, or to order from local artisans online and keep the dollars you are spending in Windsor Essex – whether it’s through our malls, big box retailers, or exploring the boutique shops in our districts. And it’s also giving you the chance to WIN!
On Tuesday May 19th the Province of Ontario permitted retail locations to open their doors to customers if they are able to follow safe measures for their customers. Full details on recommendations from the government can be found here.
Now more than ever it is important to support local in all aspects – whether it is through exploring our neighbourhoods and visiting boutique shops, purchasing from our big box retailers or buying from local artisans and makers.
- Provide online ordering, delivery or curbside pick up if possible to reduce need for customers to enter the retail space
- Keep work surfaces, order screens, debit machines, cash registers and equipment clean
- Provide hand sanitizer for visitors to use upon entry
- Sanitizing shopping carts and hand baskets between use
- Control how many customers enter the retail space (50 sq. ft. per customer)
- Manage traffic flow and physical distancing with such measures as floor markings and barriers.
- Install barrier between cashier and customer; this can include plexi-glass or markings on the floor to ensure at least 2 meters between customer and cashier
- Use of new bags only when bagging merchandise
The use of proper physical distancing in public is encouraged, as well as the use of a face mask.
Mandatory Face Masks
Effective Friday June 26th anyone entering a commercial business should wear a face mask in Windsor & Essex County. Commercial businesses include any place that that is open to the public and offer goods and/or services for sale, such as retail stores, convenience stores, malls and plazas, restaurants, personal service settings, grocery stores and bakeries, gas stations, farmers’ markets, mechanic shops, and car dealerships. Those entering and not wearing a mask may be declined service and asked to leave the premises.
Businesses are also required to provide alcohol based hand rub at entrance and exit points. For full details on the rules please click here.
- Devonshire Mall is open, though some stores may be currently closed. Updated mall hours are Monday to Saturday 10am until 7pm Sunday 11am to 5pm. Click here for more details and a list of open retailers.
- Tecumseh Mall is open, though some stores may be currently closed. Updated mall hours are Monday to Friday 11am to 7pm, Saturday 11am to 6pm, Sunday 12pm to 5pm. Click here for more details and a list of open retailers.
- Windsor Crossing Premium Outlets is open. The mall will be open 11am until 7pm Monday to Friday, 11am to 6pm Saturday, and 11am to 5pm Sunday. Click here for more details and a list of open retailers.
SHOPPING SPREE GIVEAWAY
Our shopping spree contest has closed – and our grand prize winner of a $500 shopping spree to Devonshire Mall will be announced shortly. Stay tuned!
Check out the list below to see our weekly prize winners over the last two months!
Congrats to our past winners:
- On 06/15 is Aaron H. from Tecumseh who won a $25 gift certificate to The Cheese Bar
- On 06/22 Amy K. of Tecumseh who won a $50 gift certificate to The Urban Art Market
- On 06/29 Derek M. of Harrow who won 4 rounds of golf at Rochester Place Golf Club & Resort and 4 take out dinners from Parkside Grill
- On 07/06 Jeff B. of Windsor who won 4 paddle board rentals from Urban Surf Co. and 4 smoothies from Mavericks Cold Bar located at Urban Surf Co.
- On 07/13 Rosemary B. of Windsor who won $50 to spend at Lee & Maria’s Market in Kingsville
- On 07/20 Katharine V. of Windsor who won $100 to spend at Oxley Estate Winery
- On 07/27 Dustin D. of Tecumseh who won $100 to spend at Ocean Bottom Soap Company
- On 08/03 Celesta G. or Windsor who won $100 to spend at the store of their choice from Downtown Windsor
- On 08/10 Beth B. of Tecumseh who won a 75 minute Coral Volcano Pedicure from Coral Medical Health Spa
- On 08/17 Katrina S. who won $50 to spend at Frank Brewing Co.
- On 08/24 Kathie L. of Chatham who won $100 to spend at Silver Tee Golf & Virtual Gaming Centre.
- On 08/31 Judy G. of Windsor who won $50 to spend at The Artisan Grill
Instead of heading online to do your shopping, check out our retail areas dotting the region. From up-scale shopping centres filled with the latest trends and much loved brands, to supporting our big box and retail areas, there are plenty of great places to find every day essentials, furniture, appliances and more. All while supporting the local economy.
Home to unique neighbourhood districts, quaint Main Streets lined with shops and one-of-a-kind stores across our YQG communities, you are sure to find everything you are looking for! Discover distinctive historic shopping areas, and meander through small town cores to find stylish clothing boutiques, gift shops filled with stunning home decor and foodie delights, or antique & vintage finds there is certainly a little something that will delight everyone.
Proudly supporting our local artisans, you will find eclectic boutique collectives toting the wares of the talented makers in our community. From jewelry, handmade chocolates, skin care and soaps, reclaimed wood furniture and stunning pieces of art, we are fortunate to be able to showcase our many WE Made It artisans and makers. Shop in store – or shop online to keep your dollars local.
Explore all the shopping options in our region. Click on any of the areas on the map below to learn more about their shopping options available.
If shopping for one-of-a-kind finds is your thing, you can find island apparel and unique island gifts at one of the island’s boutiques or at the Pelee Art Works arts and crafts center, where you are sure to find that special piece you have been searching for.Discover Pelee Island
From eclectic antique shops like Dusty Loft Antiques and Collectibles and stylish clothing boutiques, to the weekly The Amherstburg Farmers Market where you’ll find local produce each Saturday. There may not be a shopping mall here but you will certainly find something for everyone.Discover Amherstburg
Essex is home to two distinct urban areas with many friendly faces to greet you. Vibrant downtown cores in Essex and Harrow Centre offer a world of opportunity for shoppers. Meander along County Road 50 and discover everything from Serenity Lavender Farm to unique artisan shops.Discover Essex
Main Street Kingsville serves up exactly what you picture a small-town shopping experience to be. Boutique shops line the streets and offer an assortment of unique clothing, Dutch Boys hand-crafted chocolates, gifts, home decor and gardening essentials, and so much more. Pop into one of the three craft breweries, bakeries or produce markets and get a taste of local.Discover Kingsville
Shop handcrafted items, vintage clothing and antiques along Leamington’s newly reinvented Mill Street. If you have a taste for the authentic ensure to stop in to one of the area’s diverse cultural markets, bakeries or local butcher shops like Bradt’s Butcher Block and Lakeside Bakery & Deli.Discover Leamington
From outlet shopping at Windsor Crossing Premium Outlets with an amazing selection of retail stores to smaller, locally owned and operated retail stores in Malden Centre and along Front Road. Stop in to one of LaSalle’s lavish boutiques, decor or gift shops and be greeted by a friendly face.Discover LaSalle
There are many ways to shop across the city of Windsor. From up-scale shopping centres filled with much loved brands to unique neighbourhood districts such as Walkerville District, Old Riverside and Pillette Village where each offers stylish boutiques, gift shops, antique & vintage finds alongside handmade decor, and local goods. Filled with foodie delights, a day in our neighbourhoods can fill your stomachs and your shopping bag.Discover Windsor
Tecumseh is home to a large selection of small town boutiques which cater to everything from home decor to cycling needs, spa treatments, organic skin care, shoes, clothing and more. You will find it all in this picturesque and welcoming town.Discover Tecumseh
Be sure to check out the many unique shops in all of Lakeshore’s communities. Between catch-all boutiques and local markets and foodie favourites like The Cheese Bar, you are sure to find all things gift-worth such as homemade jewellery, clothing, artisan cheeses and the freshest local produce.Discover Lakeshore
Local Business Application
If you’re a local retail partner and you want to be featured in this program apply today – inclusion in the program is free. Just click here and submit your details today. Supported by both Tourism Windsor Essex and the Windsor-Essex Regional Chamber of Commerce, the #ShopYQG program will be featured in multiple marketing campaigns. You can also join in the conversation on social media by using #ShopYQG in your social media posts.
We encourage you to contact retail partners prior to visiting them.