Are you ready to cast your line and try your hand at fishing? Join us for the Get Hooked Fishing Tournament taking place April 23-May 2nd along the shorelines of Windsor Essex! Participate at your leisure with your family members and be entered to win some pretty great prizes!
Anyone can participate in Get Hooked! There is just a $10 free to enter the tournament, per angler.
This derby is organized online to allow for social distancing through the Angler’s Atlas website and their MyCatch App. Make sure to follow all event rules and regulations and read them carefully before the derby begins.
Bring your own gear or rent from providers in town. Register now to enter the derby!
Before You Register
Two types of fishing licences are available:
- Sport fishing licence, which includes full catch-and-possession fishing privileges
- Conservation fishing licence, which includes reduced catch-and-possession limits. This is ideal for anglers who want to release the majority of fish they catch.
Fishing licences are available for different durations, including:
- one day
- eight days
- one year
- three years
You can buy your fishing licence online and save it in a digital format (for example, on your smartphone), print it from home, or print it through a participating ServiceOntario or licence issuer location.
How to Join Tournament
1. To register for the Get Hooked tournament, log in or create an account online with Angler’s Atlas.
2. Register for The Get Hooked tournament and pay the $10 entry fee. You will receive an automatic email confirming that you have registered for the tournament and payment has gone through.
3. Download the MyCatch App to your mobile phone and log in using the same information you used to register your account to activate the tournament on the app. You will enter your catches through the app. Be sure to use the same login email and password that you used to register in the tournament. Watch this quick video for how to register and use the MyCatch App!
4. Read through the Tournament Rules Highlight listed below:
- Fish must be caught by you, and within the Windsor Essex coastline and water ways.
- You must post a photo and measure the fish with an official measurement tool (which can be as simple as a ruler or small measuring stick)
- All fishing is catch and release.
- Early Bird Registration: $100 Devonshire Mall Gift Card (Congratulations Caiden H. of Windsor)
- Early Bird Registration: $50 Devonshire Mall Gift Card (announced on April 16th on Mornings with Morgan on Country 95.9)
- First Fish Caught: $125 Igloo Cooler Bag & $50 to Devonshire Mall (announced on approximately April 23rd)
GRAND PRIZE EVENT
- Total Accumulated Length: $150 Devonshire Mall Gift Card sponsored by Country 95.9
- Hidden Length: $100 Igloo Cooler Bag & $25 to Devonshire Mall
- Smallest Fish Caught: $100 Igloo Cooler Bag & $25 to Devonshire Mall
- Most Fish Caught: $150 Devonshire Mall Gift Card sponsored by Country 95.9
- Longest Fish: $125 Igloo Cooler Bag & $50 to Devonshire Mall
- Longest Perch: $200 Devonshire Mall Gift Card
- Longest Silver Bass: $200 Devonshire Mall Gift Card
- Longest Pickerel (Walleye): $200 Devonshire Mall Gift Card
- Youth Fisher: $100 Colasanti’s Tropical Gardens Gift Card
- Family Fishing Fun: $300 Windsor Staycation (One night stay at The Grove Hotel, $50 to Beach House Grill, $25 to Lee & Marias, $20 to Red Lantern Coffee Co., $80 to Jack’s Gastropub)
- Best Hero Shot: $325 Windsor Staycation (One night stay at the Best Western PLUS Windsor Waterfront, $50 to The Chelsea Coal Fired Pizza, $50 to The Bull & Barrel Urban Saloon and an Adventure Bay Family Water Park Family Fun Pass)
Grand prizes will be announced on Tuesday May 4th on Mornings with Morgan on Country 95.9
Chart your course by taking a look through our Fishing Guide for more in-depth information on fishing in Windsor Essex – a peninsula surrounded by water! We’ve also linked the plethora of Fishing Hotspots across our region, from one coastline to the other and have included links to experienced and knowledgeable local Fishing Charters who are ready to guide you.