Welcome to the Windsor Essex Holiday Gift Guide – your way to buy local this holiday season. You can use it a wish list for yourself, or as a shopping list for that special someone in your life! We’re sure we have enough on this list to cover everyone you need to buy for – naughty or nice!
Download our 2021 Holiday Gift Guide
to see our featured gifts for this season!
This holiday season we want you to #ShopYQG – and keep your dollars local for all the gifts you need to be!
Our 2021 Holiday Gift Guide features ideas that are locally crafted and curated items that would make a perfect gift for someone that you care about this holiday season. We’ve designed this resource in partnership with the Windsor-Essex Small Business & Entrepreneurship Centre, the Windsor-Essex Regional Chamber of Commerce, the Ontario Greenhouse & Vegetable Growers Association, windsoriteDOTca and our W.E. Made It Program, to make it easier for you to find local gift inspirations for everyone on your list! Get inspired – when you buy local, your money goes back to our community. There are so many unique items available locally, and your purchases help keep more money in our region this holiday season.
Search By Category >>
enter our “42 days of giveaways” contest
Today’s Feature Partner: Whiskeyjack Boutique
Windsor & Detroit Whisky Glasses
Today's featured partner is Whiskeyjack Boutique. For your chance to win a set of Windsor & Detroit whisky glasses search the guide for today's featured icon and then enter to win!View Contest
We are giving away over $5,000 in gifts! Scour the 2021 Holiday Gift Guide for your chance to win the daily Featured Gift, valued at at least $50! From November 9th to December 19th, we will feature a different item each day with a corresponding icon that you can look for in the Holiday Gift Guide.
Week of November 8th
- Monday November 8th – Dawn H. of Windsor who won a pair of Swarovski Crystal Earrings from Aloraflora Jewelry
- Tuesday November 9th – Simone L. of Tecumseh who won a $100 gift basket from Ocean Bottom Soap Company featuring their best selling products
- Wednesday November 10th – Monique C. of Windsor who won a Christmas felt garland from Akuku Felt
- Thursday November 11th – Ryan M. of Windsor who won a 519Culture locally sourced gift box featuring gift from Hazel in Park Handmade Creations, Advntr Brand and Naturally Infused
- Friday November 12th – Kevin G. of Windsor who won a pair of baby booties & matching beanie from Stray Sheep Co.
- Saturday November 13th – Yvette L. of Windsor who won a welcome flight on the Stearman Plane from Canadian Aviation Museum
- Sunday November 14th – Craig C. of Amherstburg who won a $50 gift certificate to spend at Gibson Gallery filled with gift ideas from local artisans & makers
Week of November 15th
- Monday November 15th – Elizabeth D. of Leamington who won a gift basket of natural soaps, lotions, bubble scoops and bath bombs from Raw Bath Market
- Tuesday November 16th – Kathy M. who won the Watcher Series bundle of books from Mirror World Publishing
- Wednesday November 17th – Guy L. of Amherstburg who won a $200 gift certificate for hand blown glass masterpieces from Soffi Studios
- Thursday November 18th – Dario D. of Windsor who won a $50 gift certificate for keto & gluten free desserts from Forgot The Flour
- Friday November 19th – Angie F. of Tecumseh who won a sunset paddle fro two from Pelee Wings – Experience Nature
- Saturday November 20th – Kim S. of Windsor who won a $50 gift card for handmade soaps from The Swinging Soap Company
- Sunday November 21st – Sherry F. of Lakeshore who won a pair of silver & gold cedar earrings from Culture Shock Jewelry
Week of November 22nd
- Monday November 22nd – Mike C. of Windsor who won a $50 gift certificate for artwork from Nancy Johns Gallery & Framing
- Tuesday November 23rd – Rob A. of Lakeshore who won fresh roasted beans from Chance Coffee
- Wednesday November 25th – Lisa R. of Essex who won leather goods from Gallup Leather
- Thursday November 25th – Jennifer B. of Windsor who won a $50 gift certificate for Neighbourhoodies & Communitees from RARE Apparel
- Friday November 26th – Jennifer D. of Windsor who won a $50 gift certificate for custom art from Nora Harvey Artist
- Saturday November 27th – Amee S. who won a W-E Love Tee, Hoodie & more swag from Southwest Shores
- Sunday November 28th – Jade H. of Essex who won a Hand Rolled Platter from River Rock Pottery
Week of November 29th
- Monday November 29th – Sharon R. of Essex who won a sunset cruise for two from Windsor Premier Cruises
- Tuesday November 30th – Chantelle L. of Amherstburg who won a $50 gift card for gifts that sparkle & shine at A Little Cloud Studio
- Wednesday December 1st – Beth T. of Windsor who won fresh ground espresso beans from Espresso Canada
- Thursday December 2nd – Robert A. of Windsor who won a reclaimed wood charcuterie board from Michael Difazio Reclaim Artistry
EXPLORE OUR DISTRICTS
Take the opportunity this holiday season to explore the unique districts in each town – filled with boutique shops, artisans, and major retail partners employing local residents. Remember for every $100 you spend at locally owned businesses, $68 will stay in our community. Resist the urge of the major online distributors and head right into the store and say hi (behind your mask) to one of your neighbours #ShopYQG
FOUR LOCALLY SOURCED RETAIL SHOPS
Check out the shops below for great options to support local – filled to the brim with locally sourced gift ideas all in one stop!
You can also click the map blow and explore all the districts across Windsor Essex, including a list of retail partners to choose from.
If shopping for one-of-a-kind finds is your thing, you can find island apparel and unique island gifts at one of the island’s boutiques or at the Pelee Art Works arts and crafts center, where you are sure to find that special piece you have been searching for.Discover Pelee Island
From eclectic antique shops like Dusty Loft Antiques and Collectibles and stylish clothing boutiques, to the weekly The Amherstburg Farmers Market where you’ll find local produce each Saturday. There may not be a shopping mall here but you will certainly find something for everyone.Discover Amherstburg
Essex is home to two distinct urban areas with many friendly faces to greet you. Vibrant downtown cores in Essex and Harrow Centre offer a world of opportunity for shoppers. Meander along County Road 50 and discover everything from Serenity Lavender Farm to unique artisan shops.Discover Essex
Main Street Kingsville serves up exactly what you picture a small-town shopping experience to be. Boutique shops line the streets and offer an assortment of unique clothing, Dutch Boys hand-crafted chocolates, gifts, home decor and gardening essentials, and so much more. Pop into one of the three craft breweries, bakeries or produce markets and get a taste of local.Discover Kingsville
Shop handcrafted items, vintage clothing and antiques along Leamington’s newly reinvented Mill Street. If you have a taste for the authentic ensure to stop in to one of the area’s diverse cultural markets, bakeries or local butcher shops like Bradt’s Butcher Block and Lakeside Bakery & Deli.Discover Leamington
From outlet shopping at Windsor Crossing Premium Outlets with an amazing selection of retail stores to smaller, locally owned and operated retail stores in Malden Centre and along Front Road. Stop in to one of LaSalle’s lavish boutiques, decor or gift shops and be greeted by a friendly face.Discover LaSalle
There are many ways to shop across the city of Windsor. From up-scale shopping centres filled with much loved brands to unique neighbourhood districts such as Walkerville District, Old Riverside and Pillette Village where each offers stylish boutiques, gift shops, antique & vintage finds alongside handmade decor, and local goods. Filled with foodie delights, a day in our neighbourhoods can fill your stomachs and your shopping bag.Discover Windsor
Tecumseh is home to a large selection of small town boutiques which cater to everything from home decor to cycling needs, spa treatments, organic skin care, shoes, clothing and more. You will find it all in this picturesque and welcoming town.Discover Tecumseh
Be sure to check out the many unique shops in all of Lakeshore’s communities. Between catch-all boutiques and local markets and foodie favourites like The Cheese Bar, you are sure to find all things gift-worth such as homemade jewellery, clothing, artisan cheeses and the freshest local produce.Discover Lakeshore
Enjoy the magic of the season at one of the many festive-themed holiday events across Windsor Essex!
Discover how others have explored Windsor Essex over past holiday seasons and get ideas for your perfect itinerary!
Create something delightful for your family and friends this holiday season using locally grown fruits and vegetables.
The 2021 Holiday Gift Guide is sponsored by:
The products and partners listed in the W.E. Made It gift guide were selected from applications from partners participating in the Tourism Windsor Essex Pelee Island ‘W.E. Made It’ Program and engaged partners with the Windsor Essex Small Business Centre. It is free to participate in the W.E. Made It Program – click yqgmade.ca for more details, or contact Jason Toner at email@example.com.