Point Pelee National Park
The park will offer limited visitor access and basic services. All trails in the park are available and some washroom facilities will be open.
Please follow the below safety guidelines when attending. Point Pelee National Park is currently receiving higher than expected attendance, and long waits into the park may exist at peak times.
- Shuttle service to the Tip will operate Wed – Sun 10am – 5pm. It will not operate Mon & Tues. A mask is required.
- Visitor centre & gift store facilities remain closed
- No alcohol consumption allowed on site
- Please follow the posted speed limits on trails and roads. The road from the Visitor Centre to the Tip remains closed to vehicles.
- Please follow posted Parks Canada signage and follow proper social distancing
- When visiting, if possible it is encouraged to take your trash and recycling with you to alleviate your impact on the park
Make sure to visit our Events section to enjoy the Dark Sky Nights at Point Pelee National Park.
#PlanAhead before any visit to a green space in Ontario this year. Here is what you need to know if you are visiting an Parks Canada administered place this year: https://www.pc.gc.ca/en/voyage-travel/conseils-tips/guide
Situated at the southern extreme of mainland Canada, Point Pelee National Park is a tiny sanctuary supporting a mosaic of habitats from jungle-like forest to lush wetlands to open savannah. Bike the 4.5 km trail taking you deep into the forest, or walk the boardwalk out onto one of the largest freshwater marshes left on the Great Lakes.
Open daily from dawn till dusk, Admission from $5.40/per person, youth free
For current pass holders, Parks Canada will automatically extend the end date of annual passes and Discovery Passes for the full duration of the suspension period. Find more details on how the current situation will affect passes. If you have made a campground reservation, we are also taking steps to help you. Find out more about reservations on our website.
We appreciate your patience at this challenging time. We commit to keeping you and all visitors informed and we look forward to when we can all visit and enjoy Parks Canada places once again.
Please note work is underway on repaving the 7km main road at Point Pelee from the park’s entrance to the visitor centre. Park officials say that during construction, the park will remain open, but Visitors can expect long delays and lane closures. Visitors are encouraged to plan ahead by contacting the park at 519-322-2365 ext. 0.
The work is part of $9.9 million in upgrades. Other work includes the underground installation of electrical and phone lines, upgrading sewage treatment to protect the park’s wetland ecosystems.
- Sunday - 6:00am - 10:00pm
- Monday - 6:00am - 10:00pm
- Tuesday - 6:00am - 10:00pm
- Wednesday - 6:00am - 10:00pm
- Thursday - 6:00am - 10:00pm
- Friday - 6:00am - 10:00pm
- Saturday - 6:00am - 10:00pm
You May Also Like
Don't forget to check out these places.